Kioti DS 4110

/ Kioti DS 4110 #1  

fireman022

Been lurking for 3 years, reading and absorbing. The members here have some great insights and I have learned alot. Thanks guys and girls.

Now the reason for my post.....

We are located in the interior of BC, Canadian eh! We have a berry operation and a Greenhouse biz.
the time seems right with the fall deals on to make the buy. Specifically I'm looking for opinions on and from
owners of the Kioti DS 4110HS and DS 4110.

Pricing I have with, loader, chain hooks on a SSQA bucket, filled rear tires, optional rear remote and free delivery are just shy of 20K for the DS4110 and just shy of 21K for the DS4110HS.
Ive been comparing with all the other colors and just can't justify 10k more for the other colors.

Those that own a Kioti in this lineup, how do you like it and any downfalls or do you wish you went to another color?
I've read the reviews, now i'm just trying to gain as much knowledge before the cheque book comes out.
Thanks in advance for your sage advice.

If the moderators think this should go into the Kioti forum please move at your discretion.

/ Kioti DS 4110 #2  
I got the DS3510, and it is EXACTLY what I wanted and need. No frills, gear trans, VERY glad it took me two years to make the decision. You get one heck of a tractor for your money with Kioti

/ Kioti DS 4110 #3  
I have a 4510HST which I was able to buy with 150 hours on it. This was my first tractor with a FEL. The dealer that I bought it from let me try it out for a few days. One of the things that I did was try some dirt pushing with and without the front wheel (4wd) drive engaged. Used 2WD tractors are listed for sale for 000's less. The 4WD feature really made the difference on spinning tires or just pushing through. However, I have to say that the pull-level seems hard to engage and disengage at times. I now have just over 200 hours on it (in 3mos), my fuel consumption is typically around .5 gal per hour -- I spend a lot of time at idle, moving firewood around. I can drive the tractor down the road to do odd jobs in 6-8 minutes (high range/ 15mph). Another slight difference that I've noted from the 'blue paint' tractor that I previously owned, is that the PTO shaft does not freely rotate when it is disengaged. My other tractor's PTO easily rotated which allowed me to align the splines and slip on the PTO shaft. This one requires me to rotate the implement's shaft if the alignment is very far off. I have not checked to see if newer tractors all share that design 'flaw' or not. I'm looking forward to using this tractor for many many years ahead.

/ Kioti DS 4110
Dave thanks for the pto info. I'm gonna check that out.
This is the exact kind of stuff I'm looking for.
Anyone else?

/ Kioti DS 4110 #5  
I have a 4510HST which I was able to buy with 150 hours on it. This was my first tractor with a FEL. The dealer that I bought it from let me try it out for a few days. One of the things that I did was try some dirt pushing with and without the front wheel (4wd) drive engaged. Used 2WD tractors are listed for sale for 000's less. The 4WD feature really made the difference on spinning tires or just pushing through. However, I have to say that the pull-level seems hard to engage and disengage at times. I now have just over 200 hours on it (in 3mos), my fuel consumption is typically around .5 gal per hour -- I spend a lot of time at idle, moving firewood around. I can drive the tractor down the road to do odd jobs in 6-8 minutes (high range/ 15mph). Another slight difference that I've noted from the 'blue paint' tractor that I previously owned, is that the PTO shaft does not freely rotate when it is disengaged. My other tractor's PTO easily rotated which allowed me to align the splines and slip on the PTO shaft. This one requires me to rotate the implement's shaft if the alignment is very far off. I have not checked to see if newer tractors all share that design 'flaw' or not. I'm looking forward to using this tractor for many many years ahead.

My DS3510 spins free when it is disengaged...not sure what the two tractors share in common as far as the drivetrain and PTO though.

/ Kioti DS 4110 #6  
Another slight difference that I've noted from the 'blue paint' tractor that I previously owned, is that the PTO shaft does not freely rotate when it is disengaged. My other tractor's PTO easily rotated which allowed me to align the splines and slip on the PTO shaft. This one requires me to rotate the implement's shaft if the alignment is very far off. I have not checked to see if newer tractors all share that design 'flaw' or not.
The PTO doesn't turn freely because of the PTO brake.
Any tractor (as far as I know) with independant PTO has a pto brake. Makes turning the shaft by hand difficult.
I installed a overrun clutch on my DK so I can turn the PTO shaft and line up the implement splines.
Makes lining up the splines a WHOLE LOT easier.

/ Kioti DS 4110 #7  
I have the electro-hydraulic PTO -- dashboard switch engages the PTO. I figured that it was something to do with that and all of them were the same. Now, I'm curious. I may give my dealer a call and ask about it. (Owner's manual doesn't say anything about it).

I have to say that I've used the PTO far less because the FEL is so handy. I set the brake and leave the tractor running when attaching the tiller or mower. But, I think I checked with the tractor off, as well, but I'm not sure.

Another thing with the HST shuttle -- if the engine is off, it doesn't matter what range or gear or shuttle lever position you have, the tractor is in NEUTRAL -- and it will ROLL! You HAVE to set the brake and/or drop the loader! My old tractor was rock solid in low range / low gear and the brakes were worn, so they weren't the most reliable anyway.

/ Kioti DS 4110 #8  
Fireman022 -
Did you buy a tractor yet? I had another thought about my tractor -- I looked it up and it weighs in at 3500 lbs. I think that is without the loader. With FEL, you add another 1,000 lbs. With fluid in rear tires, another 1,000 lbs. (maybe each -- not sure). I looked up the FEL capacity: 8.47 Cu ft. Loose gravel weighs 105 lbs/cuft. That means a full bucket adds another 850 lbs. That's 6500 lbs (with operator, cough cough). That's a lot of weight. We had a discussion at church about burying some drain pipe, flexible is cheaper than the solid stuff. But, that much weight might crush a drain pipe unless its buried pretty deep.

/ Kioti DS 4110
Dave tractor shows this Saturday. Can't wait.

/ Kioti DS 4110 #10  
New member here too, with a new DS4110. I bought it to handle round bales, hauling gravel for projects, and snow removal to start. In the spring I intend on adding an auger to do post holes. So far so good on all accounts, though I only have 30 hours on it.