Buying Advice Daedong tractors

/ Daedong tractors #1  

Boyup

Tractor
none yet
Hi everyone, I've seen a couple of Daedong tractors for sale recently, various HP and attachments. Has anyone had any experience with this brand? What to look out for and such.
Thanks.

/ Daedong tractors #2  
Read the Kioti forums, that is a U.S. Brand made by Daedong. I believe the model numbers also match up, ie an Australian imported Daedong DK40 will bear a very close resemblance to a U.S. imported Kioti DK40.

Daedong also made the tractors in the "Bobcat Tractor" forum, but Bobcat supplied them with a different loader.

/ Daedong tractors #4  
I have had my Kioti (Daedong) CK20 going on 5 years and it has almost 1000 hours on it and it has been an excellent tractor. I have dug lots of stumps with the backhoe, used the loader. blown snow and lilfted tons and tons with my bucket forks. I also have a box blade. The tractors are built strong and heavy for their engine size. Check one out in your horsepower range at your nearest Kioti dealer and then compare.

rimshot

/ Daedong tractors #5  
Read the Kioti forums, that is a U.S. Brand made by Daedong. I believe the model numbers also match up, ie an Australian imported Daedong DK40 will bear a very close resemblance to a U.S. imported Kioti DK40.

Daedong also made the tractors in the "Bobcat Tractor" forum, but Bobcat supplied them with a different loader.

I don't think it's American made.

/ Daedong tractors #6  
With a name like Daedong I don't think its American made either...

/ Daedong tractors #7  
Up until a couple years ago, they were sold as Daedong in Australia. They've now taken the Kioti brand in Australia and New Zealand. There are a few differences from what I've seen, but I can't give you a list off the top of my head.

They are not American made, the Kioti brand was created for the North American market. They are South Korean built.

/ Daedong tractors #8  
Australia does not require the same emission standards as North America (US & Canada) so the engine models will be different, lower tier level engines and subsequently different model numbers and HP ratings. Saftey requirements vary also so you may find different switch locations, possibly more or less switches. The driveline of the tractors should be same. It would cost more to put different transmissions, differentials, axles, etc in the same model so all that is common with North American models.

/ Daedong tractors #9  
I downloaded a Daedong service manual from an Aussie website and I have compared it to my Kioti and I cannot find much difference at all.

James K0UA

/ Daedong tractors #10  
Although Australia does not have the same off-road emissions requirements as the EU, USA and Japan, the do follow EU for car, buss, and truck engines. Their diesel requirement has been 10 ppm sulfur since 2009. Not sure how everyone does it but as of 2008, 75% of Australian imports met the current EU, USA, and Japanese limits. Do not be surprised to find the latest technology engines in Australian product i.e. same tractor from Korea in Australia as in USA. Wouldn't swear to this, but of the product line I am familiar with, Australia gets products from our USA or European plants, not our Asian or Brazilian plants which still produce Tier II product.