Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    none yet

Default Daedong tractors

Hi everyone, I've seen a couple of Daedong tractors for sale recently, various HP and attachments. Has anyone had any experience with this brand? What to look out for and such.
    Thanks.

Tractor
    Yanmar LX4500, Toro z420

Default Re: Daedong tractors

Read the Kioti forums, that is a U.S. Brand made by Daedong. I believe the model numbers also match up, ie an Australian imported Daedong DK40 will bear a very close resemblance to a U.S. imported Kioti DK40.

Daedong also made the tractors in the "Bobcat Tractor" forum, but Bobcat supplied them with a different loader.

Tractor
    none yet

Thanks for that,
    I shall take a look.
    Cheers

Tractor
    Kioti CK20 (S) HST

I have had my Kioti (Daedong) CK20 going on 5 years and it has almost 1000 hours on it and it has been an excellent tractor. I have dug lots of stumps with the backhoe, used the loader. blown snow and lilfted tons and tons with my bucket forks. I also have a box blade. The tractors are built strong and heavy for their engine size. Check one out in your horsepower range at your nearest Kioti dealer and then compare.

rimshot
    CK20(s) HST , snow blower, hoe, FEL

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin View Post
    Read the Kioti forums, that is a U.S. Brand made by Daedong. I believe the model numbers also match up, ie an Australian imported Daedong DK40 will bear a very close resemblance to a U.S. imported Kioti DK40.

Daedong also made the tractors in the "Bobcat Tractor" forum, but Bobcat supplied them with a different loader.
    I don't think it's American made.
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Tractor
    Yanmar LX4500, Toro z420

With a name like Daedong I don't think its American made either...

Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

Up until a couple years ago, they were sold as Daedong in Australia. They've now taken the Kioti brand in Australia and New Zealand. There are a few differences from what I've seen, but I can't give you a list off the top of my head.

They are not American made, the Kioti brand was created for the North American market. They are South Korean built.

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Australia does not require the same emission standards as North America (US & Canada) so the engine models will be different, lower tier level engines and subsequently different model numbers and HP ratings. Saftey requirements vary also so you may find different switch locations, possibly more or less switches. The driveline of the tractors should be same. It would cost more to put different transmissions, differentials, axles, etc in the same model so all that is common with North American models.
    Dennis

CT225 w/7TL QA FEL, 60"tooth dirt bucket, 68" smooth bucket, Pallet Forks, Bale Spear. Hydrualic top llin, QH, 48 RC, 60" tiller, Angle blade, Landscape rake, Carry-all, Post hole auger.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

I downloaded a Daedong service manual from an Aussie website and I have compared it to my Kioti and I cannot find much difference at all.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    JD 7720; Kubota M135GX, NH TS115A; JD 6230; Kubota L5740

Although Australia does not have the same off-road emissions requirements as the EU, USA and Japan, the do follow EU for car, buss, and truck engines. Their diesel requirement has been 10 ppm sulfur since 2009. Not sure how everyone does it but as of 2008, 75% of Australian imports met the current EU, USA, and Japanese limits. Do not be surprised to find the latest technology engines in Australian product i.e. same tractor from Korea in Australia as in USA. Wouldn't swear to this, but of the product line I am familiar with, Australia gets products from our USA or European plants, not our Asian or Brazilian plants which still produce Tier II product.
    JD7720; KubotaM135GX; NH TS115A; JD6230; KubotaL5740

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast