Buying Advice Finishing Mower Price

/ Finishing Mower Price #1  

Skeeter Madness

Tractor
Kubota MX5100; RTV X1100CWL
I've been looking for a good used finishing mower and have read that Buhler Farm King is a solid built mower. Well, I have finally found a used 2008 Buhler 6' mower (close to home) that appears to be in very good condition. The owner says it has approx. 100 hours of use and has never had a problem. The fit and finish is good and it doesn't appear to have any damage. He's asking $1000. Need opinions on whether this is a fair price. Appreciate your help.

/ Finishing Mower Price #2  
If you are going to be pulling it with your MX5100 I would wait and get no less then a 84". I have a woods 990 and pulled it with a L3010, L3130, and now a L4240. One nice mower it seems not to need alot of HP to run it. I had a older woods I think it was RM60 and it took more HP to run that then it did the 990. The 6' well just cover your tire tracks. I like about a foot over lap that way you can see the edge easy and able to get real close to stuff.

/ Finishing Mower Price #3  
I agree with leejohn. That seems like to small of a mower for that tractor. I have an older woods rm90 (90") that I pulled behind my 1070 (39hp, 35pto) and had plent of power. Before I got the bush hod I used it a couple times to mow 5ft high grass. Had to slow down but the mower held up just fine. A 6' mower would be too small as it wouldn't even cover my tracks with the wide turf tires I have. I'm sure the mx5100 is substantially bigger.

But to answer your question, I like woods mowers and just about all of their implements. That is always my first choice when looking. Their parts have always been available and dealers galore around me. The only thing I don't like about the rm90 is that it is belt drive and if it ever goes it is like $200, but the nice thing is that the belt is driven by a large flywheel and eliminated needing a gearbox.

/ Finishing Mower Price #4  
That's a very fair price, they go for $1800 to $2k+ new. I would go bigger as others have stated if you plan on using it with your MX5100.

/ Finishing Mower Price
That's a very fair price, they go for $1800 to $2k+ new. I would go bigger as others have stated if you plan on using it with your MX5100.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Since reading the replies, I've been shopping for a used 84", but they are really difficult to find and quite a bit more expensive. I certainly see the benefit of wider cut.

/ Finishing Mower Price #6  
I have a used 84" Buhler in stock, but New York is a long way away.