Tractor
    Kubota MX5100

Default Finishing Mower Price

I've been looking for a good used finishing mower and have read that Buhler Farm King is a solid built mower. Well, I have finally found a used 2008 Buhler 6' mower (close to home) that appears to be in very good condition. The owner says it has approx. 100 hours of use and has never had a problem. The fit and finish is good and it doesn't appear to have any damage. He's asking $1000. Need opinions on whether this is a fair price. Appreciate your help.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4240, B7800 & BX2660

Default Re: Finishing Mower Price

If you are going to be pulling it with your MX5100 I would wait and get no less then a 84". I have a woods 990 and pulled it with a L3010, L3130, and now a L4240. One nice mower it seems not to need alot of HP to run it. I had a older woods I think it was RM60 and it took more HP to run that then it did the 990. The 6' well just cover your tire tracks. I like about a foot over lap that way you can see the edge easy and able to get real close to stuff.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 1070

I agree with leejohn. That seems like to small of a mower for that tractor. I have an older woods rm90 (90") that I pulled behind my 1070 (39hp, 35pto) and had plent of power. Before I got the bush hod I used it a couple times to mow 5ft high grass. Had to slow down but the mower held up just fine. A 6' mower would be too small as it wouldn't even cover my tracks with the wide turf tires I have. I'm sure the mx5100 is substantially bigger.

But to answer your question, I like woods mowers and just about all of their implements. That is always my first choice when looking. Their parts have always been available and dealers galore around me. The only thing I don't like about the rm90 is that it is belt drive and if it ever goes it is like $200, but the nice thing is that the belt is driven by a large flywheel and eliminated needing a gearbox.

Tractor
    Deere 3720 Cab

That's a very fair price, they go for $1800 to $2k+ new. I would go bigger as others have stated if you plan on using it with your MX5100.

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100

Quote Originally Posted by dkhntr04 View Post
    That's a very fair price, they go for $1800 to $2k+ new. I would go bigger as others have stated if you plan on using it with your MX5100.
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Since reading the replies, I've been shopping for a used 84", but they are really difficult to find and quite a bit more expensive. I certainly see the benefit of wider cut.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra -------------

I have a used 84" Buhler in stock, but New York is a long way away.
    Galen LaWall
    Your Mahindra Tractor Dealer
    185 Pearl Street
    Batavia, New York 14020