Comparison NH TD5050 vs MF2680HD

/ NH TD5050 vs MF2680HD #1  

mundamanu

Silver Member
Tractor
TC40A, Ford 8600, MF65
Hello all.

I kind of had my heart set on a New Holland TD5050 until I saw that video that AGCO put out comparing the MF2670HD to the NH, JD, and Kubota comparable tractors. I thought the video was pretty compelling on the Massey side, but, of course, AGCO put out the video. It would be a toss up between the MF2670HD and the MF2680HD for me.

Any thoughts on a comparison between the two/three?

I will say that I have amazing dealer support less than two miles away for the NH, and the Massey dealer, whom I have never dealt with, is twenty miles away.

(Edited to include my intended uses of the tractor):

Land base: 75 acres

Uses:
Plowing 40-60 acres

Pulling disc 10' right now

Seeding with broadcast spreader and two row corn planter

Grading and trenching with a back blade

Bush hogging

Carrying skid tanks of water up hills up to a quarter mile on rough terrain (the TC-40 can carry 150 gallons, but after four years of it it is getting beat up)

Frequent loader work, including turning compost piles, loading manure spreader

Plowing snow with loader and/or back blade

Moving/transporting round bales (baleage and dry hay)

Very likely making straw and hay in the next two to three years -- both round bales and small squares

Thanks.

/ NH TD5050 vs MF2680HD #2  
i hear a lot of complaints about the drive train on the MF or Challenger, or whatever you want to call it.

/ NH TD5050 vs MF2680HD #3  
Having "amazing dealer support" is very important to me. I have been very happy with my TD5030 but I have been more happy with the dealer support from this purchase and other items that I have bought there. I would pick a known good dealer over tractor color any day unless there is a known problem with a certain brand in that size.

/ NH TD5050 vs MF2680HD #4  
I have heard good things about the HD Massey's. The drive train lacks the convince of power shuttle. As you have seen from the video it is heaver and more robust then any other tractor in its class. I would go with the Massey because of the quality and the Perkins diesel. Massey is a very good company to deal with. And remember IF ITS NOT RED, IT STAYS IN THE SHED.