Deutz-Fahr Feedback Requested

/ Deutz-Fahr Feedback Requested #1  

Haoleguy

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 5325; Landini Mistral 50
I had previously posted a question about cab dimensions for narrow vineyard tractors.....I'm shooting for ~ 54-56 inch overall tractor width. From the responses I came to the conclusion I have to try them to see if I can fit into them. Well I've been doing that and have found big differences between manufacturers. At this point I will be looking over a Deutz-Fahr Agroplus tractor in early December when it's delivered to a NY dealer. This seems to be a reputable tractor manufacturer from Italy(SAME Deutz-Fahr) that appears to have a good track record and has a focus on vineyard use with their narrow tractors. Does anyone have experience with the newer Deutz-Fahr tractors? ....Thank you, Gary

/ Deutz-Fahr Feedback Requested #2  
I had previously posted a question about cab dimensions for narrow vineyard tractors.....I'm shooting for ~ 54-56 inch overall tractor width. From the responses I came to the conclusion I have to try them to see if I can fit into them. Well I've been doing that and have found big differences between manufacturers. At this point I will be looking over a Deutz-Fahr Agroplus tractor in early December when it's delivered to a NY dealer. This seems to be a reputable tractor manufacturer from Italy(SAME Deutz-Fahr) that appears to have a good track record and has a focus on vineyard use with their narrow tractors. Does anyone have experience with the newer Deutz-Fahr tractors? ....Thank you, Gary

I've got a Hurlimman Prince 435. It's a late 90's model, so not the newest. Fitted with the Mitsubish K4F engine. I feel it is a very well constructed machine. And it's nice and compact.
Tread width goes from 975 to 1220 mm depending on the tires fitted.

The 2 speed PTO plus ground engagement provides for most any application. It is fitted with a fast under belly PTO as well . With a 12 speed trans, and a FWD/REV shuttle, it's a pretty handi worker.

The 3 pth lifts a good load. My machine is fitted with an Allied 185 loader.

I'm in Southern Vermont, and the nearest SDF dealer is not really anything to talk about. There is good support further north, but that's a hike. (>100 mies) . I will call on them for parts...If I ever need them.

I did hear that D-F might be dropping support in the USA. But our Canadian neighbors will be a ready source for parts and information. This might be just hear say. I don't really know. The experienced dealers will not just go away, that's pretty sure.

I would like that the SLH line were better supported, But so far, I have no complaints. (a few leaks though)

There is an internet SAME- Lamborghini-Hurlimman interest group in Italy, but I don't read Italian ;-)

So yes, the machinery is good. The paint on mine fell off in sheets though. The seat pan Is a fairly big job to R&R, but I'm good now. It was likely just a cold day in Italy when this particular tractor was painted.

Let us know how your decision goes

Cheers

Cal

/ Deutz-Fahr Feedback Requested
Thanks Cal. As far as distributorship in the US goes yes the current Georgia organization is going bye bye but in their place will be 3 regional distributors. The dealer I've been talking to has been very upfront about the distributorship changes. Yes I do know that Ontario has some good dealer support that one can possibly tap into. As you mentioned with your experience I have found these tractors to be very versatile in their options. For parts you might consider Paige Equipment in upstate NY. Also Bavarian Tractor Works ...www.dftractors.com... has good info on the new tractors and I believe they will become one of the new distributors. Thank you for your feedback.....Cheers, Gary

/ Deutz-Fahr Feedback Requested #4  
I had herd about two distributors but didnt know about the third. That will be good as it will give three locations for parts. Right now if Georgia was out you had to wait a few weeks for it to be shipped in and to go through customs. This will be diferent but it will be nice to see Deutz doing well again. My dad sold them in the 1970's and 1980's and they had some good tractors. The A-C buy out was a mess for almost everyone involved. When they started again in Georgia we sold parts for them until 2006 when they had a management change in the parts division. We still have a big bunch of parts as they kept stalling and never took any parts back. This change sounds like it will be good for everyone ( dealers and customers ). As it looks like they will now have people in charge with comon sence and not just spread sheet readers.