Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    none

Default Go Kart

I'm looking to buy a god reliable go kart for my kids. My main concern is buying one of these poorly made go kart manufactured in Chia or something. My kids are pretty rough and I want them to be able to enjoy it for a few years. Any recommendations ?

Tractor
    none

Default Re: Go Kart

*good reliable / China (sorry didnt proof read)

Tractor
    New Holland TC35D, Case TR320 CTL

My daughters had a 110cc china kart for the last 4 years. It's a lot of work to keep it going for her. The engine has a ton of blow-by and it fouls plugs all of the time. I don't know where you'd find an American or Japanese built kart, but I suggest looking for one (no matter where its built) with a real Honda engine in it (not a clone.)

Now, if you can find an old Honda Odyssey ATV in good shape (and they're out there)...you'll probably spend more time in it than your kids.
    John

My Work & Stuff Photo Thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/p...to-thread.html

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4610 & BX2230, Farmall Super M, Super A

There used to be an outfit named Manco that made good quality karts. We bought a used one a few years ago, replaced the worn-out Subaru industrial engine and our grandkids drove the heck out of it for another couple of years. It now needs a new torque converter, but is built like the proverbial brick outhouse. You occasionally see used ones on Craig's, etc., and I understand they are still sold new by this outfit:

American SportWorks formerly Brister's and Manco UTVs & Go-Karts | amsportworks.com

Tractor
    none

Thanks for the input, I have been looking at one made by American Sportworks, it is the black widow. Seem to be pretty good and is still under $1000. Thanks for your input !

Tractor
    New Holland TC35D, Case TR320 CTL

Quote Originally Posted by Grandad4 View Post
    There used to be an outfit named Manco that made good quality karts. We bought a used one a few years ago, replaced the worn-out Subaru industrial engine and our grandkids drove the heck out of it for another couple of years. It now needs a new torque converter, but is built like the proverbial brick outhouse. You occasionally see used ones on Craig's, etc., and I understand they are still sold new by this outfit:

American SportWorks formerly Brister's and Manco UTVs & Go-Karts | amsportworks.com
    Thanks for the info Grandad4! My stepson spent time in a kart in SoCal this past summer that he fell in love with. He had a photo, but that's all of the info I had on the kart. I did a search for used Manco karts and lo and behold there's a Manco FOX II kart for sale about 20 miles away...and its the exact same model I had the photo of. I'm going to check it out tomorrow.
    John

My Work & Stuff Photo Thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/p...to-thread.html

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

You can always build one. I built one for one of my nephews last winter, just finally painted it about a month ago. He absolutely loves it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Go Kart-img-20121028-00145.jpg   Go Kart-img-20121028-00144.jpg   Go Kart-img-20121028-00143.jpg  

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B82004WD

Looks like a nice piece of work! Well thought-out, seriously fabricated and something any kid would love. You must have had some serious money tied up in all the components- the Heim joints alone!

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Mitsubishi MT372, Ford NAA

Why not a kit that your kids can assemble with your help...Go Kart Kits :: Cart Carts Karts Gocart Gokart Gokarts Gocarts Azusa Vintage

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota/B7800

Is it for off pavement use? If so, I just sold a maxxam kart we kept for 6 years. It had a 150 gy6 motor that held up great. It took a lot of abuse and kept on going. Parts are cheap and readily available, electric start, reverse, and decent suspension. I put a larger sprocket on the axle for more low torque and better donuts.

http://reviews.northerntool.com/0394...ws/reviews.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast