Comparison Go Kart

/ Go Kart #1  

rlacarter

Tractor
none
I'm looking to buy a god reliable go kart for my kids. My main concern is buying one of these poorly made go kart manufactured in Chia or something. My kids are pretty rough and I want them to be able to enjoy it for a few years. Any recommendations ?

/ Go Kart #3  
My daughters had a 110cc china kart for the last 4 years. It's a lot of work to keep it going for her. The engine has a ton of blow-by and it fouls plugs all of the time. I don't know where you'd find an American or Japanese built kart, but I suggest looking for one (no matter where its built) with a real Honda engine in it (not a clone.)

Now, if you can find an old Honda Odyssey ATV in good shape (and they're out there)...you'll probably spend more time in it than your kids. :D

/ Go Kart #4  
There used to be an outfit named Manco that made good quality karts. We bought a used one a few years ago, replaced the worn-out Subaru industrial engine and our grandkids drove the heck out of it for another couple of years. It now needs a new torque converter, but is built like the proverbial brick outhouse. You occasionally see used ones on Craig's, etc., and I understand they are still sold new by this outfit:

American SportWorks formerly Brister's and Manco UTVs & Go-Karts | amsportworks.com

/ Go Kart
Thanks for the input, I have been looking at one made by American Sportworks, it is the black widow. Seem to be pretty good and is still under $1000. Thanks for your input !

/ Go Kart #6  
There used to be an outfit named Manco that made good quality karts. We bought a used one a few years ago, replaced the worn-out Subaru industrial engine and our grandkids drove the heck out of it for another couple of years. It now needs a new torque converter, but is built like the proverbial brick outhouse. You occasionally see used ones on Craig's, etc., and I understand they are still sold new by this outfit:

American SportWorks formerly Brister's and Manco UTVs & Go-Karts | amsportworks.com

Thanks for the info Grandad4! My stepson spent time in a kart in SoCal this past summer that he fell in love with. He had a photo, but that's all of the info I had on the kart. I did a search for used Manco karts and lo and behold there's a Manco FOX II kart for sale about 20 miles away...and its the exact same model I had the photo of. I'm going to check it out tomorrow.

/ Go Kart #7  
You can always build one. I built one for one of my nephews last winter, just finally painted it about a month ago. He absolutely loves it.

Attachments

• IMG-20121028-00145.jpg
    IMG-20121028-00145.jpg
    594.1 KB · Views: 2,456
  • IMG-20121028-00144.jpg
    IMG-20121028-00144.jpg
    566.1 KB · Views: 2,228
  • IMG-20121028-00143.jpg
    IMG-20121028-00143.jpg
    574.3 KB · Views: 1,209
   / Go Kart #8  
Looks like a nice piece of work! Well thought-out, seriously fabricated and something any kid would love. You must have had some serious money tied up in all the components- the Heim joints alone!

/ Go Kart #10