Tractor
    Kubota L3540

Default Bought a new Kubota and had a sneak peak at the new L60 series

Howdy-
    New guy here. I've done a fair amount of lurking and finally signed up. I noticed that there are a few ADV dorks on this forum too.
    Hope this is an OK place to post this. I comparison shopped the JD 3000 series and Kioti DK. Deere was way more money and the local Kioti dealer seems to have gone under.

Just bought a kubota L3540 the other day; haven't had it delivered yet. I did some shopping around and think I got a pretty good deal. Here's the rundown:
    L3540HST w R4 tires
    3rd function valve
    LA724 Loader w/ QA HD bucket
    Work lights
    loaded rears
    engine block heater
    hooks on front bucket
    $25,500

HLA hydraulic angle snow plow (2000 series)
    WR Long Grapple

While I was at the dealer I chatted him up about the new 60 series due out next year. He gave me a brochure to look at but wouldn't let me take it. They look like they've added some fancy features and the salesman said pricing is rumored to go up $4000. They've also streamlined the lineup. Smallest one will be the L3560.

The loader control looks to be like something out of a big machine. It's also got a throttle boost button on it. You tell the computer what you want the RPMs to be and it does that when you hold the button. There's optional hydraulically actuated pins for the QA feature and a fancier way to attach 3rd function hoses. The control panel has a fancier LCD screen. And of course it's got the newest engine to meet new emissions. Hopefully they've got that right- I know the new diesel emissions BS can be troublesome.

Thanks for reading...
    Last edited by justadam; 11-25-2012 at 08:41 AM.

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Default Re: Bought a new Kubota and had a sneak peak at the new L60 series

Looks like all the tractors will soon be loaded with computers just like cars. Might be fancy to look at and snazzy techno babble, but sure will be expensive to keep running. I was reading a post on chainsaws and the new Huskys are computer controlled also and sometimes have to be hooked up to a diagnostic machine right out of the box to make them run right. Soon we will have to have a computer and exhaust gas converter on ourselves to regulate the amount of farts we let go.
    Personally I like to keep it simple as much as possible.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    Kubota L3540

Yeah I'm with you for the most part. Seems as though the one I'm getting has enough electronic stuff on it; I certainly don't want any more.
    Had no idea about the new Husky chainsaws- that's crazy. I love my 372xp and hope it's a lifetime saw.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Congratulations on your new tractor. I spent Thanksgiving with some family members with mechanical backgrounds who keep up on all the developments in regards to engines, emissions and everyone of them said to avoid Tier IV is possible. I bought new this year to avoid it; nice sounding features otherwise.