New Kubota 7500 vs used JD 4100

/ New Kubota 7500 vs used JD 4100 #1  

redraider

I am looking at purchasing either a 7500 new ($12,950 w/FEL) or used JD 4100 ($ 13,000; 250 hours, 60" MMM, FEL, turf tires, great shape). The new seems like the better deal, especially with 0% financing, but what is your opinion? Are these fair quotes?

/ New Kubota 7500 vs used JD 4100 #2  
As a person who has owned Kubota and Deere, I say get your favorite, 250 hours is barely broken in on either machine. I think they both have dual pedal hydrostats, (someone correct me if I'm off here).There has been a lot of debate on dual pedals vs single.The man that is selling the Deere has allready changed the oil and trans fluid for you,(hopefully), and sorted out all adjustments etc;.

/ New Kubota 7500 vs used JD 4100 #3  
I don't know anything about the JD 4100, so al I can offer is a warranty question.

Does the JD have any warranty left on it? No matter how good something looks, unless there are maintenance records that you can trust, you never know how well it was treated on the inside...

If you buy new, you know for sure how well you tractor has been treated at the time the warranty runs out...and you don't have to pay for repairs if the tractor fails for some reason for the first three years...[as long as you don't abuse it...]

/ New Kubota 7500 vs used JD 4100 #4  
Either one should be a good, solid tractor. The 0% financing would be a draw for me, although those deals are pretty limited in term. Having a tractor under warranty is also nice, but wouldn't be a huge factor for me - I'm of the opinion that this type of equipment will show a "defect" in pretty short order and that they're built to last (unless we do something silly to change that, like put 'em wrong side up).

Either one sounds like a good choice to me...

/ New Kubota 7500 vs used JD 4100 #5  
One more thought, if I'm not mistaken you have to be 4200 series or above to handle a backhoe with a JD. I have the B7500 with a BH and love it, so maybe I am just a little partial. I was looking at the JD 4210 and the Kubota B7500 when I bought about a year ago. If you see the potential for a BH in the future, this might be a consideration.

Greg

/ New Kubota 7500 vs used JD 4100 #6  
I've heard that in the next couple of weeks JD will be coming out with a backhoe for the smaller 4100 10 series tractors. Not sure if it will fit the 4100. The new one will be either a model 45 or 46, I forget which.