Comparison A Kioti DK45SE(C) vs. a John Deere of compariable size.

/ A Kioti DK45SE(C) vs. a John Deere of compariable size. #1  

redgreen1

Tractor
j.d. 4840
I am recently looking to get a tractor in the 40 HP range. Will be using it for grass cutting, snow blowing, loader work, general duties around the farm. I have checked into the Kioti a bit and like the looks of them. I will be going to my John Deere dealer to see what they will compare the 45 to. Just looking for others opinions on the situation, thanks!

/ A Kioti DK45SE(C) vs. a John Deere of compariable size. #2  
The situatuon is like this: the comparable Deere is something in the 4x20 series and is most likely going to cost many, many thousands more than the Kioti. You will be able to buy many more features w/the Deere if the base price hasn't scared you off.....

/ A Kioti DK45SE(C) vs. a John Deere of compariable size. #3  
I would price a Deere 4120 and 4320 to compare to the Kioti above. If you are looking for a cab the Deere 4320 is where they start in this size.

/ A Kioti DK45SE(C) vs. a John Deere of compariable size. #4  
I bet the difference for the same set-up would be over 8000.00.

/ A Kioti DK45SE(C) vs. a John Deere of compariable size. #5  
You might want to check out a Kubota L4240, it is comparable to a DK45.

/ A Kioti DK45SE(C) vs. a John Deere of compariable size. #6  

What would you expect to pay for a DK 45SE with hydro and what would you expect to pay for a 4120? Both open station, basic but as similarly equiped as possible?

/ A Kioti DK45SE(C) vs. a John Deere of compariable size. #7  
MSRP in Canada is $41.5k for a cabbed 4320. Thats with eHydro and you can't get geared in a cab.
MSRP for a DK50SE cabbed probably is around $35k but Kioti seems to always have a free loader incentive or $4-5k off where as Deere's idea of a discount is $500 off if you buy a couple green implements...
I think functionally they are about the same, the DK loader is a bit stronger at full height. Ehydro should save some fuel. Kioti offers a longer warranty. JD has a factory top and tilt option. Kioti gives away a drawbar, extendable lower 3ph arms, SSQA, and has the rear position control lever. JD has a great parts system.
The JD premium wasn't in my budget but it maybe in the OP's.

/ A Kioti DK45SE(C) vs. a John Deere of compariable size. #8  
I think functionally they are about the same, the DK loader is a bit stronger at full height.

Be careful of the loader specs. The manufactures specs are not apples to apples. While the Kioti loader is very strong and most likely stronger than the JD 400X loader, the loader specs on the Kioti brochure is showing 2,761lbs max lift at the pivot pins. It is common for sly marketing departments to use the pivot pin´s maximum height lift capacity than the true bucket center's maximum height lift capacity which is 500m (19.7").

The pivot pin´s maximum height lift capacity is marked as "U" and the true bucket center's maximum height lift capacity is marked as "V" on the loader diagram below. The pivot pin´s maximum height lift capacity measurement ("U") has no real world use since tractors do not lift any loads from this point. The true bucket center´s maximum height lift capacity measurement ("V") represents the center of most loads that the loader may lift. Regardless if you have pallet forks, a bale spear, or an oversized bucket of snow, true bucket center´s measurement is a good estimate of what you can expect to lift with a tractor's loader and expect these numbers to be truer to real world performance.

Kubota, JD and New Holland (they use to) will normally give the true bucket center's (500mm) maximum height lift capacity measurement on their brochures. Normally Kubota's 500mm maximum height lift capacity measurement is 25% less than the pivot pin measurement and JD's 500mm measurement is 21% less than the pivot pin´s measurement. If a manufacture only has a pivot pin´s maximum height lift capacity measurement on their brochure, then, as a rule of thumb, reduce the pivot pin´s maximum height lift capacity measurement by 23% and that should give you the approximate true bucket center´s maximum lift capacity for the loader. So if we look at Kioti's KL401 loader specs, it only shows the pivot pin's maximum lift capacity at 2761lbs and not the 500mm measurement. Now reduce the 2761lbs by 23% which is 2126lbs giving you a good approximate maximum height lift capacity at the true bucket center (500mm). Now you have a better measurement to compare against other loaders' 500mm maximum height lift capacity such as Kubota's LA854 loader at 1878lbs, JD's 400x loader at 1742lbs and JD's 400CX loader at 2339lbs.

Good Luck!

Attachments

• loader diagram.JPG
    loader diagram.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 505
   / A Kioti DK45SE(C) vs. a John Deere of compariable size. #9  
You could probably get a L4240 with loader for $34000ish.

/ A Kioti DK45SE(C) vs. a John Deere of compariable size. #10  
Be careful of the loader specs. The manufactures specs are not apples to apples. While the Kioti loader is very strong and most likely stronger than the JD 400X loader, the loader specs on the Kioti brochure is showing 2,761lbs max lift at the pivot pins. It is common for sly marketing departments to use the pivot pin´s maximum height lift capacity than the true bucket center's maximum height lift capacity which is 500m (19.7").

The pivot pin´s maximum height lift capacity is marked as "U" and the true bucket center's maximum height lift capacity is marked as "V" on the loader diagram below. The pivot pin´s maximum height lift capacity measurement ("U") has no real world use since tractors do not lift any loads from this point. The true bucket center´s maximum height lift capacity measurement ("V") represents the center of most loads that the loader may lift. Regardless if you have pallet forks, a bale spear, or an oversized bucket of snow, true bucket center´s measurement is a good estimate of what you can expect to lift with a tractor's loader and expect these numbers to be truer to real world performance.

Kubota, JD and New Holland (they use to) will normally give the true bucket center's (500mm) maximum height lift capacity measurement on their brochures. Normally Kubota's 500mm maximum height lift capacity measurement is 25% less than the pivot pin measurement and JD's 500mm measurement is 21% less than the pivot pin´s measurement. If a manufacture only has a pivot pin´s maximum height lift capacity measurement on their brochure, then, as a rule of thumb, reduce the pivot pin´s maximum height lift capacity measurement by 23% and that should give you the approximate true bucket center´s maximum lift capacity for the loader. So if we look at Kioti's KL401 loader specs, it only shows the pivot pin's maximum lift capacity at 2761lbs and not the 500mm measurement. Now reduce the 2761lbs by 23% which is 2126lbs giving you a good approximate maximum height lift capacity at the true bucket center (500mm). Now you have a better measurement to compare against other loaders' 500mm maximum height lift capacity such as Kubota's LA854 loader at 1878lbs, JD's 400x loader at 1742lbs and JD's 400CX loader at 2339lbs.

Good Luck!
The John Deere sites online brochure for the 4000 series shows the CX 400 loaders capacity at 2194 lbs to full height at the pivot pins.

Last edited: