Nortrac at Northern Tool

/ Nortrac at Northern Tool #1  

Coyote

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar 2000B & Skat Trak 1300D skid steer
Been looking at the Nortrac 20 HP 4WD at Northern Tool to use for light bush hogging once a year and using a PTO tiller to plant small food plots for turkey and quail. Obviously the price is half of JD or KB or NH. Northern says they stock all parts and do the service. Anybody out there using one of these? What are some real world opinions?

/ Nortrac at Northern Tool #2  
You will find allot of info on my website about Jinma tractors, which the Nortrac's are. John's Tractor

Look at the survey results page for input on Northern. In general, they have a very good rep.

As long as the implements are sized correctly for the tractor, will not be a problem.

/ Nortrac at Northern Tool #3  
coyotay:

Like John said, I've got a JM284, great runner, there is more info on these tractors here in the CHINA tractors board, adn on the CTOA site, (that site is all messed up cause of world crossing servers) but the info there is top notch.

Mark M /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Nortrac at Northern Tool #4  
I you be careful about buying a tractor from Northern. When I was shopping for my tractor I saw several Northern tractors in the back of the Kubota dealer. I asked why he had the tractors.
I was told that they were doing some work for Northern now because Northern was having a lot of problems. One had five hours on it and the clutch went out. The other had 40 hours and the rear PTO wasn't working. The biggest problem was it was going to take four to six weeks for the people to get their tractors back. The work was under warrienty, but that is a long time to be without a tractor. If they are having trouble this early, what will it be like in a couple of years.

/ Nortrac at Northern Tool #5  
Im curious why it would take 4-6 weeks for them to do a half a day job?It must be on their back burner since parts are readily available

/ Nortrac at Northern Tool #6  
I agree with shifty;

northern has great parts support and repair is not that bad on these tractors. like working on a 9N. but with 4 wheel drive, more power and weight as well as NEW not rusted together parts.

Mark M /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ Nortrac at Northern Tool #7  
When I was there in the spring the dealer was three weeks behind on tractor work then. The dealer was going to take care of his customer base first and work in the Northern tractors. The dealer had informed Northern of the lead time and it didn't seem to be a problem. Other times of the year the lead time would be shorter, but in the spring a lot of dealers are very busy doing tune ups and working on tractors. The biggest concern that I had was the very low amount of hours to have such large problems with the tractors.

/ Nortrac at Northern Tool #8  
Problems can occur early with any brand of tractor, car, truck, motorcycle, etc. It's the luck of the draw.