Should I have buyers remorse?

/ Should I have buyers remorse? #1  

TrakterFan

Tractor
Satoh s-370d Beaver, 225 John Deere
Hi all. I'm brand new to the forum so I'll apologize in advance if I posted improperly or in the wrong spot. I just bought a new (to me) tractor that I am really excited about restoring and using. I think I got a good deal....but not sure. I guess I need someone with a little more knowledge to chime in on it. First, a little background on myself. I am a very capable mechanic and am even John Deere certified (used to be, actually) and have a very good knowledge of diesel and hydraulics. I just purchased a Satoh Beaver S-370D that's the 4 wheel drive model with a blackhawk front end loader, winch, 3 point hitch hydraulic log splitter, 42 inch woods finish mower or is it 48? i'd have to go look, a Satoh 42 inch rotary tiller that has never been in the dirt, 2 sets of rims with both new bar tires and turf tires. it's in decent shape not all rusty and everything works well. The only problems it has are, it's a little hard to start when cold, two hydraulic lines slightly leak on the loader control valve they are easy to replace and only about 8 inches long, and the throw out bearing is a bit noisy but the clutch feels fine. I paid $2500.00 for all. My concern is, am I going to be able to get parts when I need them? Did I pay too much?

Thanks in advance!

Ron

/ Should I have buyers remorse? #2  
I don't have an answer to the parts availability, but if parts are available, I think that you got a very good deal. The loader and implements would probably bring more than what you paid.
Here is a link from another tractor forum that might be helpful, including a link for parts-
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=111083

/ Should I have buyers remorse? #3  
Hi all. I'm brand new to the forum so I'll apologize in advance if I posted improperly or in the wrong spot. I just bought a new (to me) tractor that I am really excited about restoring and using. I think I got a good deal....but not sure. I guess I need someone with a little more knowledge to chime in on it. First, a little background on myself. I am a very capable mechanic and am even John Deere certified (used to be, actually) and have a very good knowledge of diesel and hydraulics. I just purchased a Satoh Beaver S-370D that's the 4 wheel drive model with a blackhawk front end loader, winch, 3 point hitch hydraulic log splitter, 42 inch woods finish mower or is it 48? i'd have to go look, a Satoh 42 inch rotary tiller that has never been in the dirt, 2 sets of rims with both new bar tires and turf tires. it's in decent shape not all rusty and everything works well. The only problems it has are, it's a little hard to start when cold, two hydraulic lines slightly leak on the loader control valve they are easy to replace and only about 8 inches long, and the throw out bearing is a bit noisy but the clutch feels fine. I paid $2500.00 for all. My concern is, am I going to be able to get parts when I need them? Did I pay too much?

Thanks in advance!

Ron

I don't know much about a Satoh, but you are talking about getting right much stuff for very little money, so barring major problems, it sounds like a deal to me. With your mechanical background, I think you would have detected most major issues, so I think you did great. Welcome to TractorByNet!

/ Should I have buyers remorse? #4  
:welcome:

/ Should I have buyers remorse? #5  
Welcome to TBN, and look forward to seeing your tractor. It sure sound like a good deal to me with all the attachment you got with the tractor.

/ Should I have buyers remorse? #6  

Attachments

• Save-Americas-Wild-Horses-Large.png
    Save-Americas-Wild-Horses-Large.png
    94 KB · Views: 100
   / Should I have buyers remorse?
Thanks everyone for your help. I'll check out the links and post a pic soon. Thanks for making me feel welcome!

/ Should I have buyers remorse?
Thats a nice looking tractor there bullbreaker! mine isn't that clean but it will be when I'm done. Mine is the 4WD model though.

/ Should I have buyers remorse? #10  
:welcome: And with your background, I think you got a grand deal...You're saying basically that everything works and you're just worrying about what might break in the future...grease everything and treat it right...hopefully all components will work properly under load and you'll be good to go for years! Given your skill, you've got a great start!