Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Satoh s-370d Beaver, 225 John Deere

Default Should I have buyers remorse?

Hi all. I'm brand new to the forum so I'll apologize in advance if I posted improperly or in the wrong spot. I just bought a new (to me) tractor that I am really excited about restoring and using. I think I got a good deal....but not sure. I guess I need someone with a little more knowledge to chime in on it. First, a little background on myself. I am a very capable mechanic and am even John Deere certified (used to be, actually) and have a very good knowledge of diesel and hydraulics. I just purchased a Satoh Beaver S-370D that's the 4 wheel drive model with a blackhawk front end loader, winch, 3 point hitch hydraulic log splitter, 42 inch woods finish mower or is it 48? i'd have to go look, a Satoh 42 inch rotary tiller that has never been in the dirt, 2 sets of rims with both new bar tires and turf tires. it's in decent shape not all rusty and everything works well. The only problems it has are, it's a little hard to start when cold, two hydraulic lines slightly leak on the loader control valve they are easy to replace and only about 8 inches long, and the throw out bearing is a bit noisy but the clutch feels fine. I paid $2500.00 for all. My concern is, am I going to be able to get parts when I need them? Did I pay too much?

Thanks in advance!

Ron

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7100 HST 4WD

Default Re: Should I have buyers remorse?

I don't have an answer to the parts availability, but if parts are available, I think that you got a very good deal. The loader and implements would probably bring more than what you paid.
    Here is a link from another tractor forum that might be helpful, including a link for parts-
    http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=111083
    "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ..." Romans 1:16
    Kubota B7100 HST 4WD
    94 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

R.I.P.
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Quote Originally Posted by TrakterFan View Post
    Hi all. I'm brand new to the forum so I'll apologize in advance if I posted improperly or in the wrong spot. I just bought a new (to me) tractor that I am really excited about restoring and using. I think I got a good deal....but not sure. I guess I need someone with a little more knowledge to chime in on it. First, a little background on myself. I am a very capable mechanic and am even John Deere certified (used to be, actually) and have a very good knowledge of diesel and hydraulics. I just purchased a Satoh Beaver S-370D that's the 4 wheel drive model with a blackhawk front end loader, winch, 3 point hitch hydraulic log splitter, 42 inch woods finish mower or is it 48? i'd have to go look, a Satoh 42 inch rotary tiller that has never been in the dirt, 2 sets of rims with both new bar tires and turf tires. it's in decent shape not all rusty and everything works well. The only problems it has are, it's a little hard to start when cold, two hydraulic lines slightly leak on the loader control valve they are easy to replace and only about 8 inches long, and the throw out bearing is a bit noisy but the clutch feels fine. I paid $2500.00 for all. My concern is, am I going to be able to get parts when I need them? Did I pay too much?

Thanks in advance!

Ron
    I don't know much about a Satoh, but you are talking about getting right much stuff for very little money, so barring major problems, it sounds like a deal to me. With your mechanical background, I think you would have detected most major issues, so I think you did great. Welcome to TractorByNet!
    Which is bigger?: a) $100 per month since the Big Bang or b) the US National Debt.

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Murph ------------

Tractor
    TLB 110

Welcome to TBN, and look forward to seeing your tractor. It sure sound like a good deal to me with all the attachment you got with the tractor.
    2009 JD TLB 110, Box Blade, Forks, 8' front snow blade
    MF 1650 garden tractor
    JD870 gone

Tractor
    Kubota L3400 DT,John Deere GT 235,JD GENERATOR AC-G8010S-E

Welcome also to TBN !
    Thats one type of beaver I don't know much about !
    From what you say you got in packed deal I'd say you did good.

http://www.tractorhouse.com/listings...x?OHID=7014443

TractorData.com - Satoh tractors sorted by model

Might wanna do a Satoh search here on TBN. I'am sure when others(owners/ x owners) see this they will respond with feedback.

Boone
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -save-americas-wild-horses-large  
    2 CHRONICLES 7 : 14 (KJV)

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Hopefully the following website will assist you. Valley Power BTW, Welcome aboard.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Tractor

Thanks everyone for your help. I'll check out the links and post a pic soon. Thanks for making me feel welcome!

Tractor

Thats a nice looking tractor there bullbreaker! mine isn't that clean but it will be when I'm done. Mine is the 4WD model though.

Tractor
    Kubota 5030HSTC

And with your background, I think you got a grand deal...You're saying basically that everything works and you're just worrying about what might break in the future...grease everything and treat it right...hopefully all components will work properly under load and you'll be good to go for years! Given your skill, you've got a great start!
    Joy is having the tools you need and needing the tools you have!

Kubota 5030 HSTC, BB, Danueser PHD, LA853 QA HD FEL w JD toothbar, 3pt chisel, 3 pt disk, 6' shredder, Kubota FEL hay spike, 3pt hay fork w carryall, Kubota RTV 1140

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast