A little bit more technical advice please

/ A little bit more technical advice please
Well, as I mentioned above I tried a different carb and same hunting issue, at the same rpm. So I am getting ready to tear down and replace the govenor. I call the local dealership and can get all the parts I need(front main seal, govenor fork, govenor assembly, govenor arm seal). They can get me everything through them, expect the govenor assembly, they have to order that aftermarket. I see other aftermarket govenors for like a hundred less...? Is there any difference? Any tips on that govenor job? Thanks.

/ A little bit more technical advice please #102  
what type of front cover do you have single or 2 piece. then I'd go look at the parts offered thru aftermarket and see what they list. many parts for 134 and 172 gassers are pretty interchangeable.. even if via assembly.. etc.

also.

user RickB is a NH parts man.. he may know right off the bat .. I'm guessing he has access to oe and aftermarket sources for all those parts..e tc.

The cover itself is one piece, but the bottom looks like it seals to the front top of the oil pan. According to the serial number and cover I have the centrifical "pierce" style govenor. '58 and later. I was going to order all the internal parts, like the fork just in case. I am not sure what wears in that assembly.

/ A little bit more technical advice please #104  
shop some prices. you might be surprised.

Soundguy I had a couple quick questions. I can't catch a break... I cranked up the tractor the other day and during warm up I noticed I had no oil pressure. The pressure would kinda come and go. Rpm's didn't really seem to have an effect. I took the gauge loose and no oil "pissing out" like it should. So I gotta drop the pan and start looking. Any words of wisdow or experience with this issue before. Thanks.

/ A little bit more technical advice please #106  
ideas are the oil pump drive shaft under dizzy.. or the relief on the pump itself.

2 types.. so look at the manual when you drop it.

Hey Mr Soundman, you still around? I need a little help, if you got the time. Thanks.

/ A little bit more technical advice please #108  
Thanks soundguy. I am still at a loss trying to figure out what is going on with my 4000. It still has that surge/hunting between 1500/2000rpm. Without writing a short story here.... Did everything in the distributor but the weights and distributor itself with standard ignition parts like you told me .025" points/plugs. Autolite 437's, copper core wires. tore apart the front of the tractor and went through the govenor, fork ARM, seals, ect... Been through the carb like 4 times, cleaned & Chem dipped for days... Even got a improp class from the carb guy at Dennis Carpender's. Just no luck...? It still sounds like I am starving for fuel...? A local guy here let me borrow another big bore carb to try and like I mentioned a couple months ago, it didn't change anything almost dead-on same result at same rpm range. Checked timing per I&T manual, checked gov linkage, checked wet&dry comp to make sure I don't have a dead cyclinder....? I am about to throw up the white flag.

/ A little bit more technical advice please #110  
on the gov linkage / throttle linkage. check that spring again.

also when she hunts. try a lil choke.. post back

ps. under load will it do it?