A little bit more technical advice please

/ A little bit more technical advice please
I'm sorry soundguy, I didn't understand your last post. Are you saying the spring under the float isn't necessary...?

/ A little bit more technical advice please #122  
think of it as optional

Ok, I guess I will take the carb apart again and look it over again. I did read in a form somewhere (i think ytm) that you had replaced one of your carbs I believe on a 600 series that was badly pitted. What areas inside were bad?

/ A little bit more technical advice please #124  
Ok, I guess I will take the carb apart again and look it over again. I did read in a form somewhere (i think ytm) that you had replaced one of your carbs I believe on a 600 series that was badly pitted. What areas inside were bad?

on my 660, the oem small carb was just eroded to bits.. like swiss cheese. was when ethanol gas first hit florida, and was after it sat that winter. was green coroded inside.

eroded out unde rmany of the ports for setas and whatnot.

Needing that unit that day.. I put on a ms repop carb for a 601. different ear spacing. i used a file to slot my oem manifold so the new wider spaed cab studs would fit...

no issues...

Ok, I don't believe my carb to be anything like you describe with your 660. I have read and re-read so I will go through the carb again and re-check flow. Although I am not sure how else to check flow other than the method I already tried...? Am I possibly missing anything else? Thank soundguy.

/ A little bit more technical advice please #126  
flow thru botom of carb tells you about screens and flaot valve.