A little bit more technical advice please

/ A little bit more technical advice please #61  
smoke on throttle up is likely valve guides.

at least you know the top end is oiling. :)

gen sounds like a 6v... :(

DO check gov for adjustment. wrong spring tension will cause hunt and bounce.

/ A little bit more technical advice please
Thanks Soundman. I went to the dealer today to get some parts for my finish mower and got a Ford/NH genuine parts rotor for the distributor, so I will try it and see what I come up with. Still ran great today with your masking tape trick. Yeah I have a feeling the govenor linkage needs to be adjusted. Like I said when I got it, it was missing a spring and the throttle wouldn't hold pass half throttle without holding it by hand. The battery trickle charged for about 32 hours and when put back in today, she fired right up and re-fired a couple more times after that... Thanks soundguy. I will get to that linkage and let you know.

/ A little bit more technical advice please #63  
if you didn't get the 6$ oem clip.. that oem rotor likely won't fit any better than a tisco one. unless you leave the masking tape on.. then it will likely work fine. :)

Soundguy, the rotor I bought doesn't seem to have any place/spot that I can see or saw on the IPL at the dealership where a clip would go...? Maybe you can tell what/where I am overlooking. This rotor is just black plastic push on type from what it looks like...

/ A little bit more technical advice please #65  
The clip is basically a steel spacer that slides over the top of the distributor shaft to take up the slop, they all need this clip it is just the way they are built.

Thanks Guesseral, that's makes sense... I will have to see if I can the find that clip/space on an IPL.

/ A little bit more technical advice please #67  
Thanks kf4uda, I was able to view the second link of the part, but not the NH IPL link for some reason. I have tried that part look up before and had no luck either. I get the point from the pic on that second link, and I know for sure I do not have that clip on the distributor drive shaft. Appreciate the links and help, thanks.

/ A little bit more technical advice please #69  
Not sure why the link is not working for you but here is a screenshot of it.

Ford 4000 Dist.JPG

Thanks Chris, that's the ticket. Looking at that diagram.... I need to go out and check, but I think I am missing a couple other things too. The gasket for sure. I appreciate the diagram.