Am I Going to Wear Myself Out?

/ Am I Going to Wear Myself Out?
As soon as money changes hands and I can get there to get it I will have a 2007 Kubota L3830. Shuttle shift. I will still have to clutch to change directions, but I feel it will be fine.

/ Am I Going to Wear Myself Out? #12  
I never heard of any-one complaining about the extendable end-links;only if they didn't have them.If you don't want them look at the standard L's not the Grand L's.I grew up on standard shift tractors..wouldn't be without HST,at least for what I do with a tractor.

Agreed the telescopic arms a really nice
If say you have to unhook on unlevel ground in the woods to take your carry all off and go into the swamp to pull your buddy, his 2wd tractor, and the log he attempting to pull out of the bog. When you hook back up the arms don't just extend outwards but give you a couple of inches of vertical and save you from having to go fuss with the 3 point. I would rather have the adjustable links and a shuttle trans than a hst alone. I have a power shuttle and while i like it I'm not convinced i would spring for the power shuttle again. It is nice that on level ground i can just leave it in gear and hope up on the step and slide the lever to move it, i dont have to get into the seat, this is handy when loading would into the bucket or box. Power shuttle also makes it easy for my wife to drive she knows how to select gears and park brake etc but never mastered a foot clutch

Dave

/ Am I Going to Wear Myself Out? #13  
Also great are HST transmissions when using a back hoe. No need to shift to neutral, get off mount the backhoe and reverse order to move it, just leave it in gear and use the HST to move forward or back as needed. I have a special rod that I keep on my B26hoe that I can reach up with it and push the HST pedal when I need to move.

Why don't you put the trans in neutral, lift the loader & stabilizers and push/pull yourself with the hoe?

/ Am I Going to Wear Myself Out?
Not sure my Kubota will happen. Havent heard back from the guy to tell me where to wire the money. I bought a 2012 F150 Ecoboost this year, we bought our 10 acres and just built a 30x50 metal workshop. Gotta stop spending money. I am going to look at the MF 150 tomorrow with a price of $4700 that comes with a mower. In junior high I learned how to drive just about on a MF 135 and how to back a trailer. So, it may take me longer to get something done, but I CAN get it done on the 150.

/ Am I Going to Wear Myself Out? #15  
The convenience of an HST far outweighs the premium paid. (IMO of course)

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNeto

/ Am I Going to Wear Myself Out? #16  
5thGenTexan said:
As soon as money changes hands and I can get there to get it I will have a 2007 Kubota L3830. Shuttle shift. I will still have to clutch to change directions, but I feel it will be fine.

Are you sure? I have a Kubota shuttle with a forward/reverser on the left side of the steering column. I don't use the clutch when changing directions. Is it a shuttle?

/ Am I Going to Wear Myself Out? #17  
5thGenTexan said:
Not sure my Kubota will happen. Havent heard back from the guy to tell me where to wire the money. I bought a 2012 F150 Ecoboost this year, we bought our 10 acres and just built a 30x50 metal workshop. Gotta stop spending money. I am going to look at the MF 150 tomorrow with a price of $4700 that comes with a mower. In junior high I learned how to drive just about on a MF 135 and how to back a trailer. So, it may take me longer to get something done, but I CAN get it done on the 150.

You bet you can. I have 2 MF245s and they are work horses. We have 8 other tractors, but the MFs are rock solid.

/ Am I Going to Wear Myself Out? #18  
Are you sure? I have a Kubota shuttle with a forward/reverser on the left side of the steering column. I don't use the clutch when changing directions. Is it a shuttle?

Yes this is a power shuttle

Dave

/ Am I Going to Wear Myself Out? #19  
Why don't you put the trans in neutral, lift the loader & stabilizers and push/pull yourself with the hoe?
Pushing with the hoe is great for just moving forward or side to side repositioning by swinging the hoe, but if you want to totally reposition say to the other side of a stump you are digging out, that isnt going to happen. I can just raise the stabs, fold the BH and remain seated in the reverse direction, take my little rod, move the hydro pedal and steer it where I want to go, drop the FEL and Stab and go back to digging. Lots less work than turning the seat and then trying to fold my old stiff joints around the seat and much faster than using the hoe to move your tractor around and much easier on the frame than lifting the whole tractor. I do use the hoe when necessary to reposition but most of the time I just use the hydro pedal as it is easier and faster.

/ Am I Going to Wear Myself Out? #20  

I surely hope you arent going to wire the money to some online scam artist then try to go pick up your tractor. Tell the guy you will give him cash at point of pickup or better still go with him to his bank to present a certified check for the amount. The bank can instantly verify the funds, notarize a bill of sale and you are done.
I repeat DO NOT WIRE MONEY TO ANYONE TO BUY ANYTHING. DO THE DEAL IN PERSON, GET A BILL OF SALE THAT IS NOTARIZED FOR YOUR PROTECTION.