help totally lost

/ help totally lost #1  

old hippie

Tractor
dont looking to purchase
im looking to purchase new tractor. have 20 acres of wet land woods lots of ledge. considering kioti dk45se,mahindra 5010w/cab new holland workmaster 55. do any of these seem like a good match or should i opt for more hp such as kubota m7040 0r jd 5065 help

/ help totally lost #2  
Hey I don't really know what all you want to do but all your choices sound good. I have a 5010 Mahindra with cab. I really like it. It is made by TYM and has a daedong (kioti) engine.
I find it does a lot of things very well. I also really like the Kioti's. The 7040 kubota does not impress me, it is a hay and clipping tractor in my opinion. It is just not very versatile and I can't afford to dedicate tractors. I will take my 5010 any day over the 7040. 5010 has smooth hydraulics, pretty good layout in cab, good on fuel, great gearing, strong puller, ac is about 6 out of 10, seat is good ( allows you to easily twist to look behind you 7040 won't), front lamp on mine is full of dust ( I think they have fixed that on the new ones), lots of room in cab for smaller tractor.
We have a small produce farm so it does tillage, planting, spraying, cuts pasture, maintains cutover, unloads and loads trailers and whatever needs doing.
I look at it as it has to produce, trying to feed a family not an ego. I love my 5010, looked real hard at kioti but the dealer was a farther away at the time, and found out about TYM after the purchase. I would probably just gone with the TYM t503 as it has more standard and draft control and a CAT under the hood. Hope you enjoy whatever you buy!
Jody

/ help totally lost #3  
Let's go back to "basics" - What do want the the tractor to do as primary tasks ? Mow/Bushhog ? Grade ? Log ? Cultivate ? FEL? Landscape ? ...etc And what are the key features you're seeking ? Stability ? Agility? Economy ? Power ? Lift capacity ? LGP ? Cab? ..etc

/ help totally lost #4  
Wetland woods and ledge, if they are anything like around here, are not very good territory for a wheeled tractor designed primarily for field work. You won't get very far in those conditions without getting stuck or damaging the tractor.

Like MBTRAC asked, what do you want to get done with it?

/ help totally lost #5  
Give us some specifics of what you want to do, and we'll help you spend your money...