Price Check Buying a 2013 5093e

/ Buying a 2013 5093e #1  

skoalman12

Tractor
2013 5083e
2013, 4wd, Cab, 553 loader, 2 remotes, air ride seat.

$50,000 total.
5k down,
1.9% financing for 72 months.

I own and lease a combined 350 acres that I run cattle on.

Intended uses:
Maintenance and grading of 1500' of gravel road and entrance
Maintenance and grading of 3500' of dirt roads and ditches
Mowing Pasture with a 15ft shredder
Move round bales
Lots of dirt work, building a house pad, filling in holes in pasture and cattle pens, setting pipes.
Filling in sunken buried waterline
Building Fence with an 3pt auger
Pushing up fallen trees in the woods

Questions:
Is this a good price?
I plan on purchasing a rear-blade to maintain roads and ditches. Does everyone else recommend a Box blade? I just want to be able roll gravel from the sides back up to the top and keep the crown.
Does any one own a 5093e or any 5e series and have any reviews, positives or negatives?
Comments/suggestions? I want this tractor to last my lifetime.

/ Buying a 2013 5093e #2  
Sounds pretty good to me. I just bought a 5083E with 553 loader, no air ride. $45.5k with trade... I got a couple of quotes and my nearest dealer matched the lowest one...

What part of Texas you in?

Jim

/ Buying a 2013 5093e
Bay City, bout an hour south of Houston.

/ Buying a 2013 5093e #4  
I know it well. My baler came from Shoppa's...

/ Buying a 2013 5093e #5  
What other options you getting? I'm have the right door kit installed...

/ Buying a 2013 5093e
Thats all the options right now. I just want it big enough to handle 15ft shredder. I may do some custom mowing to help make the payments. I want to by "big enough" so i dont have to buy new again. I really need help deciding on the rear implement im going to buy for the roads. here is the other thread i did. Gravel and Dirt Work - Which implement?

what options did you get, and what do you use yours for?

/ Buying a 2013 5093e #7  
I have a small peach orchard, and a small hay operation. I will eventually do some custom mowing, also.

For dirt, I use a 6' boxblade and a 6' angle blade. (I use it to grade my 1000' driveway and shape the rows in my orchard.) I will slowly replace all of my equipment with heavier stuff, (I want a bigger Gannon box blade with hyd scarifiers and a MX8 mower). But I have to recover from this purchase first! LOL!!

/ Buying a 2013 5093e #8  
HI Skoalman12 The Tractor u are talking about is decent. i own 1 Im not overly impressed with mine, i wish now i would have went heavier and bigger. I live in southwest Pa. and the ground is steep and rough, I use it to round bale (jd 457)baler. It handles it ok but I also mow Filth very Heavy filth on steep terrain. I have a FEL 553 also on the machine which is handy but I personally think the hydraulics are weak for this size of tractor. I bought new in 2010 June. It also is very narrow which I do not like . I have questioned John Deere about this and there answer was guys from my area are the only ones who complain about this . I didnt get much satisfaction from them Ive owned several Deeres and i dont know if I will buy another .Nothing against You or your area but the equipement to day is designed for FLAT Landers.They (JOHN DEERE) told me I was crazy for mowing that kind of ground (Like a wall so steep in someplaces i have to go up and around then down over etc....) no Brag just fact.They offered to sell me spacer blocks that are approx. 4" wide to add to my axles then bolt the wheel to that etc..... I DID NOT Like that idea. I added wheel weights 2 to each side. that helps for traction along with fluid in all 4 tires. John deere needs to listen to guys like me and u who buy there equipement and try it out be fore selling it as the all around machine. I wish YOU all the Best with your new tractor. Ive run Heavy equipement all my life also and I own several acres with several roads I would go with a rear blade ( a good heavy duty 1).Just My 2.cts.

/ Buying a 2013 5093e #9  
Jdtractor, we are both in flat land. The only hills you see here are hiway overpasses, LOL!!

/ Buying a 2013 5093e
Thanks for all the help fellas. Now if you could all just help convince myself and my wife that I'm not crazy for spending this kind of money. All of this equipment I could borrow from family for free. But you reach a certain age where you want to be self-reliant. And I'm there. It may not be smart...but we can "afford" it. What to do..what to do.

I don't enjoy the work when i borrow equipment, then i have to hurry and get as much done as possible in the short time i have it "borrowed". Any you have to worry about something breaking. If i buy this tractor, the work will be so much more enjoyable, i can work on it as I have time. The worst part should be paying for it.