newbie recommendations for 50+hp 4wd UT?

/ newbie recommendations for 50+hp 4wd UT? #11  
I guess telling them that John Deer has a yanmar engine.. and that NH has a shibaru engine won't help ... How about a massey fergusion.. I think they still got perkins deisel engines.

Around here, kubota and JD are sky high, NH is ok, and MF floats to about even with NH, sometimes lower.

Obviously your stuck in a group purchase.. so.. good luck,

Soundguy

/ newbie recommendations for 50+hp 4wd UT? #12  
<font color="blue"> I guess telling them that John Deer has a yanmar engine.. and that NH has a shibaru engine won't help </font>

Sure about that?? I think only John Deere's compact tractors have Yanmar engines...those 45+HP deeres are all powered by g-e-n-u-i-n-e John Deere engines..Powertech they are called....

/ newbie recommendations for 50+hp 4wd UT? #13  
They may not be Yanmar engines, but probably imported form outside the USA. I think only a handful of JD tractor models are truly made in the USA now. They are made all around the world though.

/ newbie recommendations for 50+hp 4wd UT? #14  
No most of the 5000's and up are made and mfg. here in the US. They are not Yanmar engines but are 100% JD designed, built, and mfg. right here.

/ newbie recommendations for 50+hp 4wd UT? #15  
all makes tractor specs
This site lists tractor specs plus, if you have the serial number, the year it was made. There are a lot of used tractors out there. I'd keep an eye on private auctions. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ newbie recommendations for 50+hp 4wd UT? #16  
I would try to get them to look at the mahindra 5500, 6000 and 6500. They are dollar for dollar a great tractor in that size range, let alone the history of the comapny they might be convinced. They did make IH tractors.

/ newbie recommendations for 50+hp 4wd UT? #17  
cowboydoc: usually agree with u on most things, but i do beleive that even if a unit is built and man. in the usa, most of the componets are manufactured elsewhere, where is the steel produced? and the ruber for the tires? very hard subject to get a grasp on.just mt thoughts. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ newbie recommendations for 50+hp 4wd UT? #18  
For what your looking at doing a TL 80 or 90 would be better suited for you. A TN 75 would be the smallest I would use. As for engines, NH has Iveco motors in their TN's and they are great motors. I am fairly sure the TL's have Iveco's as well but I am not positive. If you consider a John Deere look at the the 6120 or the 6215. The 6000 series form John Deere are great tractors and the 5000 series are nice machines but do not have as solid a reputation as the larger JD's. A lot of farmers around me are not trading in their old JD's for the 5020's and there are very few 5000 and 5010's in the vineyards and fields here. Mostly New Holland TN's, TNF's and TNV's. Either way, no matter what brand you choose you should be looking at at least 60 pto hp better yet go for 70hp and be happy.

/ newbie recommendations for 50+hp 4wd UT? #19  
I see what you're saying Frank. I know the steel they get is either from Northstar or from IPSCO. They are both right here. I don't know about the other components. I know they do have most of the dies and casts for the engines here. There are numerous plants around here that produce the bigger tractors from the ground up.

/ newbie recommendations for 50+hp 4wd UT? #20  
JD 6000 series are very nice and I love driving them at work. My dad has a JD 5320 with cab and its a 3 cyl, turbo with 63 engine hp. Its got a lot of torque and the cab is very nice just like the 6000 series. You may want to look at the 6000 series with the IVT transmission. Its hydrostatic and you can press the brake to stop without moving the lever back to neutal perfect when your on hills and need to stop. You could get a nice used 6000 series with the 24 speed powershift transmission. The powershift transmission is very smooth and easy to use. That is a good choice also. Drive them all especially the IVT model and pick the one you like the best. I would buy Deere over Kubota or Ford NH. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nick
990 4x4 turf, 430 FEL, 272 RFM, 25A flail