Buying Advice Buying A Tractor

/ Buying A Tractor #1  

pbman

Tractor
Case 530
I need to buy a tractor to use with brush hog, some tilling, some blading, to carry rock, and to carry logs out of timber.
I only have about $4000.00 to spend and I need to get a bucket and a blade too.
I need that something that is in good shape, is very reliable and that I won't have to put money into it for awhile.
Wish list is 3 point, pto, remotes, bucket, and blade.
I need one that is close to KC.

/ Buying A Tractor #2  
I also need a new JD 110 TLB and all I have to spend is 50 bucks and I would like it delivered. Try Tractorhouse.com

/ Buying A Tractor #3  
I also need a new JD 110 TLB and all I have to spend is 50 bucks and I would like it delivered. Try Tractorhouse.com

:laughing::laughing:, Sorry, but that was my first though too. Heck, a lot of us are looking for a NEW tractor that'll offer all that! Anything in the $4K range is going to be pretty old, and all tractors require lots of maintanence and repairs when they get to be that age. Keep an eye on Kijiji and CL, but be warned that many of the deals that are too good to be true are just scams.

/ Buying A Tractor
don't want a new tractor and I expect it to be old. I also expect to have to work on it from time to time and obviously to have to maintain it, but hopefully not right after I buy one.

/ Buying A Tractor #5  
Sorry, but your asking for a lot for very little. What do you plan to do with it? I ask that cause you have a thread about a MF 135.

/ Buying A Tractor
I will do some limited tilling, carry some rock, carry logs out of timber, and brush hogging

/ Buying A Tractor
one of the tractors that I am looking at is an MF 135. It has a loader and a blade that comes with it for about $5000.00. It has very low hours.
Know anything about them?

/ Buying A Tractor #8  
one of the tractors that I am looking at is an MF 135. It has a loader and a blade that comes with it for about $5000.00. It has very low hours.
Know anything about them?

Those are very popular, although not the best when paired with a loader (I've heard).

Do you have all the implements already? If not, I don't think there's any chance of getting all of what you're looking for with a loader, too. You might be able to find something like an 8n or 9n for pretty cheap. Those are often in the $2,000 range around here (I'm near Joplin). A tiller is an expensive implement, but you should be able to find a cheap used blade, brush hog, and a 3pt carry-all or bale forks to transport loads with. A rear dirt scoop is often used as well.

All the tractors you'll be looking at will have a 3pt and a pto. The remotes are extremely unlikely, and the loader is essentially impossible in that price range. You can add remotes later on, and you *might* be able to find a loader later on, although again they are pricey.

/ Buying A Tractor #9  
my neighbor has a mf135 (1969? I beleive) he bought it new and has had no issues with it, other that normal wear and tear. it also has fel.
Then on the other hand his son got a mf I am not sure of the sise it is around 1970 maybe a lot larger than a 135 and he has nothing but trouble with it. I know he paid 5grand for it had to have the injectors rebuilt, then the engine went, so while he had it rebuilt they put in a new clutch. A lot of trouble for that good deal. He still swears at it and I wont even bring up the subject it upsets him so much. So far he has sunk over 10 grand into it and it still gets under his skin.
SO, what I am trying to say is if it is priced like that you are probly going to get wet.

/ Buying A Tractor #10  
The 135 is not a good candidate for a FEL because of front axle issue's and no ROPS. What year and engine is the one your looking at?