Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tractor
    New Holland 3045/2010

Default Re: Extend or not to extend:Warranty

Quote Originally Posted by Tractor Seabee View Post
    If my tractor transmission failed in 200 hrs, I would get rid of it not spend more big bucks. I have a 2011 BX 25 with 600+ hrs in less than 2 years and no problems. In fact with your experience I would question buying another NH.

Ron
    Well technically it is the electronics governing the transmission that have given the tractor the troubles the dealer has been pretty good at sending service out to my location which is an hour and half from them. I am now stuck with this tractor so it is a make do situation and hopefully they can straighten this out. Of the three hydraulic leaks only one stop me from working. I like the tractor cab's room, the ease in going back in forth with the lever but ya I would like less troubles for sure. I will run with this tractor till the end of the extended warranty and might go Orange after that if it is still not up to my doings, lol.
    “If at first you don't succeed, you are running about average.”
    M. H. Alderson

Some thing to consider - would the $1400 be more productive in getting a more reliable tractor?

Tractor
    New Holland 3045/2010

Quote Originally Posted by nate57 View Post
    Some thing to consider - would the $1400 be more productive in getting a more reliable tractor?

I have it back from the dealer ( still under warranty) and they cleaned it up and she looks like new, lol. They said the RP (Release Pedal) code was from dirt under the pedal. They adjusted the tranny and cleaned it up and it seems to be working well.

After reading the manual again there may have been some operator errors on my part. Number one is that the tractor must be stopped before changing ranges. At the time of the error I had bumped the range selection from 1 to 3 while moving, and it was 6 F out. The other thing that I read is that when doing work the rpm should be bumped up to 12 or 13. I would do this when doing loader work but was not doing this for general running around. So for now it is working well and I will continue to monitor the deal. Both times that I had troubles though it was right cold. Also in the manual it states that the hydraulic fluids for cold weather operation can be change for a lower viscosity fluid. The hydraulic fluid is also the tranny fluid. So I will let it warm up, keep the rpms up when working and change ranges as ordered, go figure. If it happens again I will add to this thread.

nate57
    The tractor is very nice to operate, I am new to a non geared tractor and there has been a learning curve. I did do an addition which pushed the tractor over it's recommended specs, which is in my nature this probably lead to the hydraulic leaks. I feel now most of the kinks are out and I am now leaning to not extending the warranty. Nate57 $1400 would not cover a light weight grapple let alone a new cab tractor, lol.

Thanks and I may not win by not taking the extended warranty and if so I will let you know.
    M. H. Alderson

Well, if it was a kubota.... it wouldn't be needed, but as you have some other brand....

Just yank'n your chain! Given that ex-warranty is a VERY high profit product that
    tells me they aren't needed. But I have my own tools and a heated shop, should that
    ever be required so no fear. In 12 years, the Kubota has been to the dealer once for a
    blown out HST filter when 3mo old at -20F. It blew out while idling to warm up as the
    manual instructs. Kubota has redesigned the filter at least 2-3 times and the current
    one is vastly heavier than the original.

Personally, I'd save the 1500 bucks, but if it makes you feel more comfortable, then
    it is your money ... spend it on what you want! And have a Merry Christmas!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    K

Quote Originally Posted by bironacad View Post
    Below my avatar it says Boomer 3045/2010 so it will be two years this February 24th. They have been out five times in the two years that I have had it. I have 220? hours on it. Three times for hydraulic leaks twice for transmission not engaging.

Quick attach FEL and Forks
    Cab
    Six foot Woods Snow Blower
    Six foot Bush Hog
    BX 42 Wallenstein Chipper
    Wallenstein Three point splitter
    Ten cubic foot three point cement mixer
    Wood BH 80X backhoe with mechanical thumb
    Hydraulic top link
    I use it to maintain the property of 35.5 acres snow removal in the winter and whatever comes up in the summer.
    I don't know how it works in Cananda, but in California (and the US) your tractor could be a candidate for the Lemon Law. Something to check into if Canada has one.

Tractor
    New Holland 3045/2010

Quote Originally Posted by john_bud View Post
    Well, if it was a kubota.... it wouldn't be needed, but as you have some other brand....

Just yank'n your chain! Given that ex-warranty is a VERY high profit product that
    tells me they aren't needed.

Personally, I'd save the 1500 bucks, but if it makes you feel more comfortable, then
    it is your money ... spend it on what you want! And have a Merry Christmas!
    A box blade and a grapple are on the wish list and yes the close to $1500 would go a long way to the grapple at least
    M. H. Alderson

Tractor
    MF 5435, MF 165

Quote Originally Posted by mjaybee View Post
    I don't know how it works in Cananda, but in California (and the US) your tractor could be a candidate for the Lemon Law. Something to check into if Canada has one.
    Most states lemon laws don't cover tractors. I'm pretty sure the machine has to be back in for the same problem without resolve to be considered for lawful action. Most manufactures just buy back a machine if it give too much trouble.
    Doesn't sound like that is the case on this one. A few minor issues with more of an aggrevation. Probably as stated, some operator caused that with the right explanation wont happen again.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1433V

Quote Originally Posted by mjaybee View Post
    Everything is subject to a lemon law in CA...half the residents qualify as "Lemons"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234