Extend or not to extend:Warranty

/ Extend or not to extend:Warranty #1  

bironacad

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland 3045/2010
I got a letter that says I can extend my bumper to bumper warranty for three more years for $1407 , what is the consensus here?

/ Extend or not to extend:Warranty #2  
I got a letter that says I can extend my bumper to bumper warranty for three more years for $1407 , what is the consensus here?

For me, not a good deal. No bumpers on my tractor.:laughing::dance1:

/ Extend or not to extend:Warranty #4  
How many times your machine been to the shop? How old is it? How long was your warranty? Having any troubles with it? How many hours on it? What attachments do you use?

/ Extend or not to extend:Warranty
How many times your machine been to the shop? How old is it? How long was your warranty? Having any troubles with it? How many hours on it? What attachments do you use?
Below my avatar it says Boomer 3045/2010 so it will be two years this February 24th. They have been out five times in the two years that I have had it. I have 220? hours on it. Three times for hydraulic leaks twice for transmission not engaging.

Quick attach FEL and Forks
Cab
Six foot Woods Snow Blower
Six foot Bush Hog
BX 42 Wallenstein Chipper
Wallenstein Three point splitter
Ten cubic foot three point cement mixer
Wood BH 80X backhoe with mechanical thumb
Hydraulic top link
I use it to maintain the property of 35.5 acres snow removal in the winter and whatever comes up in the summer.

/ Extend or not to extend:Warranty #6  
Is there a deductable? Usually there's a pretty good size deductable ($500 is what I was quoted for each occurance) and it wouldn't cover most of the small things anyway. Just major powertrain as with most after 2 years. Extend if you're worrind about something major.

I wouldn't. If it hasn't broken in 2 years and 200 hours, it probably won't.

/ Extend or not to extend:Warranty
Is there a deductable? Usually there's a pretty good size deductable ($500 is what I was quoted for each occurance) and it wouldn't cover most of the small things anyway. Just major powertrain as with most after 2 years. Extend if you're worrind about something major.

I wouldn't. If it hasn't broken in 2 years and 200 hours, it probably won't.
No deductible but travel time will not be included. It is in the shop now for a transmission? problem.

/ Extend or not to extend:Warranty #8  
Since you've already had issues you are a candidate for that. If you'd had no issues thus far I'd say no. The odds are on your side that you would benefit. FWIW at one time I was the guy that figured the stats and costs for the company.

/ Extend or not to extend:Warranty #9  
Since you've already had issues you are a candidate for that. If you'd had no issues thus far I'd say no. The odds are on your side that you would benefit. FWIW at one time I was the guy that figured the stats and costs for the company.

I agree, That's why I asked the questions I asked. I would go for it.

/ Extend or not to extend:Warranty #10  
Not exactly comparable, but we got an extended warranty on a 2007 Toyota Highlander. At 98,500 miles the transfer case developed a problem. Got a complete new one under warranty, not bad.

I agree, that since you have already have had issues, you should extend the warranty.