Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Cub Cadet 7275

Default Re: 1st tractor, Cub Cadet 7275

I bought my Cub 7275 about 5 years ago and have really enjoyed it and work it fairly hard, it only has about 1400 hours on it and still runs like new. It has the 417 Loader and a Cub subframe mounted Backhoe that works very well. Excellent machine, you will be very pleased with it. Watch the filter prices as the dealer and Napa really rip you off. I found a replacement air filter at a Ford Tractor dealer that is almost an exact fit for about 1/3 the price, just had to drill out the center mount hole a bit to fit.

There is an issue with the starter relay that pops up on used machines sometimes. Seems that the relay is sized wrong and wired funny so there is an easy fix online here on the Forum Boards that adds an aftermarket automotive or Radio Shack relay with a slight rewiring to correct the problem. Haven't taken the time to do mine yet as I just jump the starter to get it going. It's one of those things on my to do list but not real pressing.

The Backhoe had been on my 7275 all it's life before I got it and when I removed it to use the 3 Point, it won't work more than about a 1/4 movement. I was told it was something on the hydraulic or switch block on the lower right frame under the engine. I tried to adjust the small lever on the H block but it made no difference. Anyone have an idea how to turn on my 3 Point hydraulics on w/o going to the stealer (dealer) for adjustment??

Tractor
    cub cadet.7275

Quote Originally Posted by Ryre View Post
    After looking at new and used subcompacts and compacts for months, I finally purchased my first tractor. It's a 1997 Cub Cadet 7275 with a Cub 417 loader, one year old 3 pt Blizzard snow blower, 72" MMM, and a York Rake. It has 770 hours and seems to be in good shape, admittedly I don't know much about these machines. Any thoughts or comments about this tractor (things to watch out for, etc.) would be appreciated. I'm sure I will have many questions in the future. I will be using the tractor to harvest cord wood on my property, for snow removal, and maintnence on my gravel driveway.
    Thanks,
    Ryan
    Hi Ryan, i have the same tractor. it's my first diesel and i have had a noise that is like a bad main brg.???
    My neighbor has a 30 hp ford diesel and I don't hear that sound. i just did a main brg. replace on my ford 8n. paid no attention to the cub because it was a diesel but now I'm rethinking it. Does your have that type of noise?
    Thanks,
    Randy

Tractor
    cub cadet.7275

Hi Ryan, I'm also new and not sure my post loaded. I also have a cub 7275, my first diesel. i have a engine sound like a bad main brg. I have paid no attention to it until i listened to a neighbor's ford 30 hp. Much quieter. i just did a main brg. replace on my 8n and the sound was similar. Does your cub have that type of knocking sound?
    Thank You,
    Randy

Tractor
    Cub Cadet 7275

Quote Originally Posted by randallm View Post
    Hi Ryan, I'm also new and not sure my post loaded. I also have a cub 7275, my first diesel. i have a engine sound like a bad main brg. I have paid no attention to it until i listened to a neighbor's ford 30 hp. Much quieter. i just did a main brg. replace on my 8n and the sound was similar. Does your cub have that type of knocking sound?
    Thank You,
    Randy
    Hi Randy,
    So far I'm very happy with my 7275. I can't say that I've ever noticed a knocking sound. Sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck with it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12