So many options............

/ So many options............ #1  

JCQTN

Buying a tractor to maintan 16acre property (Horses, Sheep, Goats etc...)
Will use for pasture maintanence, snow removal, weed wacking, manure moving, post hole digging etc.
Very wet ground at times here in PA. Have looked at a few used but am hesitant with regards to condition and hours. Dont have a lot of time for repair......Got a quote on a Mahindra 4110 with FEL for $17,500, comparable new tractors from the big 3-4 are a few $$$$ more and dont have the 3yr warranty. Any advice or coments would be appreciated.
Thanks

/ So many options............ #2  
Are you looking to buy new or used? How much are you willing to spend?

/ So many options............ #3  
I have heard nothing bad about Mahindra. Only good reports so far.

/ So many options............ #4  
All things being equal, any of the Korean built tractors will give you the best bang for your buck. Branson, Century, and Mahindra will probably be the best deals, then Kioti, followed by Long. Much depends on the dealer though.

I would visit all of the above brand dealers that are within a reasonble radius for you. Talk to dealers, do some test driving, get prices, and go from there.

You might also check out the Power Trac forum to see if one of those all hydraulic beasts could suit you.

Of course, spend a lot of time perusing the threads here on TBN. There is a wealth of valuable info here.

Good luck.

SnowRidge

/ So many options............ #5  
They do have a strong tractor. Don't think they'll be going out of business any time soon, either....

/ So many options............ #6  
<font color="blue"> comparable new tractors from the big 3-4 are a few $$$$ more and dont have the 3yr warranty </font>

Hummmmm...that's news to me. My Kubota has a three year warrenty I believe and thought that all the major manufacturers did.

Man...now that I typed that, I'm not sure! Maybe the kubota warrenty is 2 years bumper to bumper and 3 years powertrain?

Guess I will have to go read it again!

In any case, the best warrenty is the one you don't have to use...

/ So many options............ #7  
Henro,

I thought it was 3 years as you did. I decided to look it up and it is 2 years or 1500 hours. The powertrain is 3 years or 2000 hours. Hope I don't have to use it.

/ So many options............ #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Got a quote on a Mahindra 4110 with FEL for $17,500, comparable new tractors from the big 3-4 are a few $$$$ more and dont have the 3yr warranty. Any advice or coments would be appreciated.
Thanks
)</font>

My John Deere was that price with hydrostatic. A reverser would be less. I am not saying the Mahindra is a bad tractor.

/ So many options............ #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My John Deere was that price with hydrostatic. A reverser would be less. I am not saying the Mahindra is a bad tractor. )</font>

That may be but your comparing prices of a 32 HP John Deere to a 41 HP Mahindra !!

/ So many options............ #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( That may be but your comparing prices of a 32 HP John Deere to a 41 HP Mahindra !! )</font>

Yeah, but the model number number is bigger! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I am aware that it is smaller HP, but it also has HST. When I was shopping I assumed I couldn't afford a Deere. I am glad I priced them.

Your mileage may vary.