Price Check Another newbie checking Kubota L4240

/ Another newbie checking Kubota L4240 #1  

rpress

Tractor
Kubota L4240
Hi
I am looking at a L4240 with 854 loader, Gearmore box scraper - one owner, well maintained, approx 400 hrs. Is $23k a fair price for this?

Maintaining dirt road, new vineyard and general maintainance on 10.5 acres.

Thanks in advance.

bob

/ Another newbie checking Kubota L4240 #2  
I can't say much about the price, but the 4240 is an excellent tractor. There was a -1, -2 and -3 with minor differences such as the swivel seat. 400 hours is nothing on that machine.

/ Another newbie checking Kubota L4240 #3  
I have a L4240 HSTC(cab)...mine has just under 600 hours and has been a good machine.Price doesn't sound too bad..you can build new on Kubotausa.com,less implements and compare.Check to see if all the services have been done,they are not cheap.

/ Another newbie checking Kubota L4240
Thanks for the link - looks like On site new price is 38K with FEL

Looks like a good deal, gonna see it tomorrow!

/ Another newbie checking Kubota L4240 #5  
Hi Rpress,

You may want to review your "build a Kubota" price. I just priced out an L4240 at $33,856.00. This included R4 tires, one rear remote, 854 loader, quick coupler, and 72" heavy duty round back bucket. (The standard square back bucket is slightly cheaper.) At any rate, I think your used tractor price looks very good, especially with a box scraper. Let us know how you make out.

/ Another newbie checking Kubota L4240
This was HST with factory cab - maybe why pricier.

Thanks for checking, I think its still a good deal. I will post what happens.

Bob

/ Another newbie checking Kubota L4240 #7  
That sounds like an okay price...you may want to try and negotiate them down a bit.

The L4240 is a great tractor. I need to sell mine and would like to get around $20-21k for it (HST, LA 854 loader, QA bucket, 200 hrs). But I am in NJ and I don't know how much prices may vary across the country. I think mine is about $32k on "Build my Kubota".

I bought a new one from the dealer primarily because I could not shell out that much money at once, and I financed for 4 yrs at 0%.

/ Another newbie checking Kubota L4240 #8  
How many hours are on it? Does the loader have a quick attach? Is it a hydro tractor?

/ Another newbie checking Kubota L4240 #9  
I just bought an L4240. (It hasn't arrived yet.) As part of doing my homework, I looked at prices nationwide, and looked into shipping costs. To my surprise, I could get a tractor shipped from the east coast to Colorado for under $1000. Having this info was helpful when negotiating with my local dealer.

/ Another newbie checking Kubota L4240 #10  
Thanks for the link - looks like On site new price is 38K with FEL

FYI - when pricing out using the Kubota site, I use 85% of the resultant value as a benchmark. 85% seems about right for a reasonable buy price.

JayC