Buying Advice Looking At A Deutz-Fahr???????

/ Looking At A Deutz-Fahr??????? #1  

farmmechanic315

Tractor
To Many To List
Morning To Everyone.

I Co Own A Farely Large Sized Fruit Farm In New York. I have Always owned The major brand tractors (NH, JD, IH, Kubota), I got a Dealer trying to sell me this Deutz Fahr Agrolux 70, that was traded into him. The tractor is bascially brand new (75Hrs) and the price is right for our small budget this year. The Reason im looking for another tractor is I want to add another wagon to our fleet to pull apple bins through the orchards and would also like to eliminate the need to un hook two of my sprayers everytime I need my guys to go mow. The HP is right for my mowers and more than enough for pulling the bin wagon.

My concern is I have never owned one and never worked on one. I talked to the farmer that traded it in and he says he traded it because no one liked driving it (no Cab no Radio No A/C) So it just sat and he needed to work a deal on a new cab tractor for spraying.

Does anyone know anything about these, are they reliable, is there any quality to them?

I Just don't want to make the mistake I did with the Purchase of the Montana 555 Limited That We bought and Work On weekly.

Thanks For any insight you can provide for me.

/ Looking At A Deutz-Fahr??????? #2  
My neighbor has owned a Deutz Fahr tractor , I believe it to be 60 or 70 HP. He has owned and operated it for over 25 yrs. and I have no knowledge of him ever having any major problem with it...Once when we were baling hay...his fuel lines and filter got stopped up ...but it was due to contaminated diesel ..not the tractors fault...but he and I both maintain our tractors....So he has always done preventative maintenance...Seems like a great tractor to me and I would not hesitate to buy one. Good Luck with it..

/ Looking At A Deutz-Fahr???????
Thnaks Brin For That, 25 Years is great in my eyes looking like this deal might be getting better and better.

/ Looking At A Deutz-Fahr??????? #4  
my dad has a 1978 62 hp 2wd with over 8000 hrs
had some gear work done at about 6200 hrs
put it on the dyno to run the gears in and dynoed @ 72hp @ the rear wheels
other than that regular maintenance and washes and waxes it once a year
looks like most peoples 5 year old tractor but sips the fuel compared to his other tractors

/ Looking At A Deutz-Fahr??????? #5  
Deutz Fahr is the most common tractor in the fields south of Stuttgart Germany from new to 30 yrs old. High quality, only question of where you'd get maintenance/parts

/ Looking At A Deutz-Fahr??????? #6  
Definitely Deutz-Fahr is of very high quality. If I had a dealer in halfways decent distance, I would have bought one myself. Growing up on a farm in Germany, we still run two 06 series Deutz: The D 60 06 from 1971 and the D 130 06 from 1975. Way beyond 8000 hours, and still running.