Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #11  
I would be comfortable with the Deere or Kubota in that size range. I am sure Mahindras are fine tractors but if the 100hp is a new model for them (not seeing in on their website), I would stick with tried and proven. I would say the same for Kubota if someone asked me about a new model in a size range they have not made before. Just saying.

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #12  
I would be comfortable with the Deere or Kubota in that size range. I am sure Mahindras are fine tractors but if the 100hp is a new model for them (not seeing in on their website), I would stick with tried and proven. I would say the same for Kubota if someone asked me about a new model in a size range they have not made before. Just saying.

While what you say IS A SAFE policy to go by, I have one of the very first Mahindra 7520 tractors built in 2004 (current version is the 8560) and have had EXELLENT performance from it for the past 8 years. It sure would be nice to get a little bigger and have a cab though. :drool:

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #13  
I just got off the phone with my John Deere salesman. He said the third function for the 553 loader was $3000. The parts for this cost $1970. My gosh!

I hate to ask this...but does anyone know if the third function on the 5083e is a diverter valve or a dedicated hydraulic line?

Mike

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #14  
I just got off the phone with my John Deere salesman. He said the third function for the 553 loader was $3000. The parts for this cost $1970. My gosh!

I hate to ask this...but does anyone know if the third function on the 5083e is a diverter valve or a dedicated hydraulic line?

Mike

I have no idea about the answer for your question, I do know that you can do all aftermarket real nice for under a grand. 3 Gs is insane IMO. :eek:

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #15  
Thanks MtnViewRanch

I just found a 3rd Function Hydraulic Valve Kit from everything attachamen for a little over $800. That sounds a lot better. Now, if I can just get my salesman to realize John Deere has a zero percent for 60 months financing. He seems to think it is 2.5% for 60 months.

Mike

I have no idea about the answer for your question, I do know that you can do all aftermarket real nice for under a grand. 3 Gs is insane IMO. :eek:

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #16  
When I was shopping I had my sights on an E series Deere. My dealer salesman and mechanics talked me out of it. They claimed transmission problems with the E series. They are a small dealer and had two in the shop waiting for parts. They suggested the M series. That of course added several thousand dollars. A 5075M was $3500 more than I paid for a M9540 Kubota.

There was two things the M Deere had that I couldn't get on the Kubota, swivel seat and rear fender mounted 3pt controls.

Good luck with your choice and purchase. Post pics of course!!!

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #17  
Thanks MtnViewRanch

I just found a 3rd Function Hydraulic Valve Kit from everything attachamen for a little over $800. That sounds a lot better. Now, if I can just get my salesman to realize John Deere has a zero percent for 60 months financing. He seems to think it is 2.5% for 60 months.

Mike

Print the thing off that say 0% and show him.

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #18  
The zero % 60 month financing is conditional according to the JD web site, and the fine print says "for agricultural-use only..."

I am not a professional farmer, so I guess that leaves me out. I might drive over to the Kubota dealer tomorrow.

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #19  
Oh, on the pics.. I'm gonna give the wife and kids a picture of my tractor for Christmas.

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #20  
I have a 2011 m8540 with loader if your going through brush with the loader on don't worry about the tie rods. Would have to hit a good sized tree to bend one. The kubota front axle clearance is also much higher thanks to gear reduction hubs. I would have loved a jd 5085m but too pricey. Loader capacity on 260 is nearly identical although jd has a typo in the literature for the msl its physically impossible for the loader to lift more ahead of the pivot than at the pivot.

Either tractor would suit your needs if i wanted a cab tractor i would have bought the deere. But for my use the cab was out of the question and when i bought mine the open station was not available. Other than on the 5m. I absolutely love the kubota
Good luck with your purchase.