Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota M9540, JD2210

Default Re: Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E

The way I have my wheels set my tractor is 78" wide. I got the 84" bucket. I've got a 72" bucket also. I greatly prefer the 84". The tractor and the loader easily handle the larger bucket and productivity is a lot greater.
    Richard
    Kubota M9540, JD2210

Tractor
    Kubota M8540

Quote Originally Posted by jmwilson View Post
    I test drove a M8560 today. Man that tractor was nice. The only thing I did not like about it was the gas pedal and the foam under the floor mat. I was considering a 72" bucket, but this one had an 84" bucket on it. Do you guys think the 84" bucket would be a better choice.
    This dealer has sold several 60 series Kubotas. The only trouble was: one guy did not clean the cab air filter, and he burned something up on the AC unit. That cost him about $3000
    I have an 84" on my 8540 with 18.4 r 30's with the narrowest tire setting and I'm between 80-81" with the sidewall bulge 74 would not be good for digging

Dave

Bronze Member

Thanks for the bucket advice. If I order one of these, I will probably order the third function from the factory, drop the rear extra remote, and have the rear remotes added later as I get the money.

Brian, you mentioned a float function, so can I run a hydraulic motor using a float function remote?

Mike

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Thanks for the bucket advice. If I order one of these, I will probably order the third function from the factory, drop the rear extra remote, and have the rear remotes added later as I get the money.

Brian, you mentioned a float function, so can I run a hydraulic motor using a float function remote?

Mike
    Yes, you would just have to use a bungee cord or something to hold the control lever in the open position. It can be done.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Tractor
    Kubota M8540HDC12-1 4x4 w/ Cab

The 3rd function on the loader is great for grapples or post hole diggers.
    I had 3 rear remotes installed on mine - top, tilt & rippers on the box scrapper.
    84 in bucket is the way to go.

E/S

2009 Kubota M8540HDC12-1 4x4 w/ Cab
    LA1353 FEL w/ 7' Bucket & Pallet Forks
    McMillen X1475 Earth Auger w/ 9", 18" & 24" augers - Land Pride RCR3596 Rotary Cutter
    Gearmore 4G4 Series 7' Box Scraper w/ hydraulic rippers

Bronze Member

One thing I like about the John Deere is the deluxe triple remotes, a motor can be run with out a bungee cord. Surely kubota has something like this. Everybody at the Kubota dealers ask, "Why do you want to run a motor?"

-scv_detent_selector-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    Yes, you would just have to use a bungee cord or something to hold the control lever in the open position. It can be done.

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

One thing I like about the John Deere is the deluxe triple remotes, a motor can be run with out a bungee cord. Surely kubota has something like this. Everybody at the Kubota dealers ask, "Why do you want to run a motor?"

-scv_detent_selector-jpg
    Kubota does have a remote where you would not need a bungee. Just not a control valve that has the float function. The question was can a valve that has the float function be used to operate a a hydraulic motor? The answer was and is yes.
    Last edited by MtnViewRanch; 12-15-2012 at 08:33 PM.
    Brian

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor

-scv_detent_selector-jpg
    Well, it looks like # 1 of those electric remote controls will work for a hydraulic motor along with some flow control. The 2nd and 3rd valves are either open or closed with no feathering capability. I personally would prefer the 3 Kubota manual operated remotes and I would just get 2 of them with the float function for the Top & Tilt that I would have and I would have the 3rd valve with the self canceling detent to use with a hydraulic motor if I had one.
    Brian

Tractor
    John Deere 2030, John Deere 6415

Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    kubota does have a remote where you would not need a bungee. Just not a control valve that has the float function. The question was can a valve that has the float function be used to operate a a hydraulic motor? The answer was and is yes. Are any of the JD remotes that have the float function able to operate a motor spool without a bungee?
    YES!

My JD 6415 has the deluxe rear SCVs. HUSCO 301 Series.

There is a black knob with three positions on each valve. One is for spring return to center and has float, another is with detents at each position ( extend/retract) and when the hydraulics gets to full pressure it springs back to neutral (usually when the cylinder is at end of stroke or fully retracted). It also has positon where the lever will detent in either extend or retract and stay until moved. This position also has float. For a hydraulic motor you use this position starting with the valve in float and then moving it to retract to run the motor. Move back to float to stop the motor.

There is a second knob to control the flow.

The valves also has internal load checks.
    John Deere 2030 JD 245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 mfwd JD 640SL Loader

Tractor
    Kubota M8560

Mike, you and I should join forces to see if we can get a better deal buying two at the same time. I'm down to thinking the main difference is almost literally, the paint color. kubota m8560 is actually 2 grand more than an apples to apples Deere 5083e at my dealers. I can put the 260 loader on the Deere for the same money as the Kubota but have a much stronger loader. No longer worried about the tie rods on the Kubota. Lots of good points here regarding those.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast