Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #31  
The way I have my wheels set my tractor is 78" wide. I got the 84" bucket. I've got a 72" bucket also. I greatly prefer the 84". The tractor and the loader easily handle the larger bucket and productivity is a lot greater.

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #32  
I test drove a M8560 today. Man that tractor was nice. The only thing I did not like about it was the gas pedal and the foam under the floor mat. I was considering a 72" bucket, but this one had an 84" bucket on it. Do you guys think the 84" bucket would be a better choice.
This dealer has sold several 60 series Kubotas. The only trouble was: one guy did not clean the cab air filter, and he burned something up on the AC unit. That cost him about $3000

I have an 84" on my 8540 with 18.4 r 30's with the narrowest tire setting and I'm between 80-81" with the sidewall bulge 74 would not be good for digging

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #33  
Thanks for the bucket advice. If I order one of these, I will probably order the third function from the factory, drop the rear extra remote, and have the rear remotes added later as I get the money.

Brian, you mentioned a float function, so can I run a hydraulic motor using a float function remote?

Mike

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #34  
Thanks for the bucket advice. If I order one of these, I will probably order the third function from the factory, drop the rear extra remote, and have the rear remotes added later as I get the money.

Brian, you mentioned a float function, so can I run a hydraulic motor using a float function remote?

Mike

Yes, you would just have to use a bungee cord or something to hold the control lever in the open position. It can be done.

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #35  
The 3rd function on the loader is great for grapples or post hole diggers.
I had 3 rear remotes installed on mine - top, tilt & rippers on the box scrapper.
84 in bucket is the way to go.

E/S

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #36  
One thing I like about the John Deere is the deluxe triple remotes, a motor can be run with out a bungee cord. Surely Kubota has something like this. Everybody at the Kubota dealers ask, "Why do you want to run a motor?"

scv_detent_selector.jpg

Yes, you would just have to use a bungee cord or something to hold the control lever in the open position. It can be done.

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #37  
One thing I like about the John Deere is the deluxe triple remotes, a motor can be run with out a bungee cord. Surely Kubota has something like this. Everybody at the Kubota dealers ask, "Why do you want to run a motor?"

View attachment 293066

Kubota does have a remote where you would not need a bungee. Just not a control valve that has the float function. The question was can a valve that has the float function be used to operate a a hydraulic motor? The answer was and is yes. ;)

Last edited:
   / Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #38  

View attachment 293066

Well, it looks like # 1 of those electric remote controls will work for a hydraulic motor along with some flow control. The 2nd and 3rd valves are either open or closed with no feathering capability. :( I personally would prefer the 3 Kubota manual operated remotes and I would just get 2 of them with the float function for the Top & Tilt that I would have and I would have the 3rd valve with the self canceling detent to use with a hydraulic motor if I had one. ;)

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #39  
Kubota does have a remote where you would not need a bungee. Just not a control valve that has the float function. The question was can a valve that has the float function be used to operate a a hydraulic motor? The answer was and is yes. Are any of the JD remotes that have the float function able to operate a motor spool without a bungee? :confused3:

YES!

My JD 6415 has the deluxe rear SCVs. HUSCO 301 Series.

There is a black knob with three positions on each valve. One is for spring return to center and has float, another is with detents at each position ( extend/retract) and when the hydraulics gets to full pressure it springs back to neutral (usually when the cylinder is at end of stroke or fully retracted). It also has positon where the lever will detent in either extend or retract and stay until moved. This position also has float. For a hydraulic motor you use this position starting with the valve in float and then moving it to retract to run the motor. Move back to float to stop the motor.

There is a second knob to control the flow.

The valves also has internal load checks.

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E
Mike, you and I should join forces to see if we can get a better deal buying two at the same time. I'm down to thinking the main difference is almost literally, the paint color. Kubota m8560 is actually 2 grand more than an apples to apples Deere 5083e at my dealers. I can put the 260 loader on the Deere for the same money as the Kubota but have a much stronger loader. No longer worried about the tie rods on the Kubota. Lots of good points here regarding those.