Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E
Makes complete sense on the hole locations. Thanks guys.

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #52  
I know, I was just kidding with you; just couldn't help myself, same thing happened to me when I bought a John Deere.:laughing:

Yep, when ever you get into Deere/Kubota stuff you have to tread lightly, people have strong feelings. That said, I'm a little dissapointed in the Deere guys. This thread is like 10-2 Kubota, I think we're slipping. :D

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #53  
I think the local Kubota dealer may not discounting near enough. Hard to say since the Kubota website doesn't allow me to build and price a 8560. The 8540 is what is listed. But, I'm coming up short of a 15-18% discount by a wide margin using the 8540 pricing as a guide.

You should check prices with at least 2 or 3 dealers to be sure you are getting a good deal.

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #54  
Yep, when ever you get into Deere/Kubota stuff you have to tread lightly, people have strong feelings. That said, I'm a little dissapointed in the Deere guys. This thread is like 10-2 Kubota, I think we're slipping. :D

Yes just like Stihl V Husqvarna chainsaws

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #55  
You should check prices with at least 2 or 3 dealers to be sure you are getting a good deal.

Roger I could not agree with you more I went to 4 different dealers 2 were very close in price less than $300 difference. I went with the one who had my tractor in stock. One dealers was on cloud 9 asking almost $3000 more than the 2 lowest ones and when i confronted him he told me i was off my rocker then i showed him the other two invoices he just told me well I can't do that, and i told him i obviously can't by a tractor from you. The 4th dealer was about a $1000 higher than the lowest bid. Make sure you have them give you a detailed break down Tractor, loader, Tire Ballast, additional valves etc. That way you know what your getting.

Dave

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #56  
Roger I could not agree with you more I went to 4 different dealers 2 were very close in price less than $300 difference. I went with the one who had my tractor in stock. One dealers was on cloud 9 asking almost $3000 more than the 2 lowest ones and when i confronted him he told me i was off my rocker then i showed him the other two invoices he just told me well I can't do that, and i told him i obviously can't by a tractor from you. The 4th dealer was about a $1000 higher than the lowest bid. Make sure you have them give you a detailed break down Tractor, loader, Tire Ballast, additional valves etc. That way you know what your getting.

Dave
I got a wide range of prices on my L4240. You are right you need to get a price break down, some like to lump it all together so it is hard to tell what they are charging.

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #57  
Hi Joe it looks like the MSL may have some fancy design that puts the theoretical maximum lift point ahead of the pivot pin. Rather than the conventional loader frames. I'm looking for a thread with a better explanation or a free body diagram showing how this is possible. But for now i think the JD 260 MSL does actually lift 656lbs 23% more to full height or 186 lbs to 59" at 800 mm ahead of the pivot. It looks like all of JD's MSL loaders will lift more ahead of the pivot.

Dave

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #58  
Found this on the john deere site
The H-Series Ag Loaders have a mechanical self-leveling loader that provides added lift capability as compared to a non-self-leveling loader. This is due to the mechanical advantage the linkage provides. It also ensures the load remains at the same angle to the ground through the arc of travel from the ground to full lift height. The low-profile self-leveling linkage is sized to ensure long life and maximize operator visibility.

I did not realize it was a 4 bar linkage after looking at the pictures i see it this does now suddenly make sense. This type linkage actually creates a moment about the pivot pin and puts the theoretical maximum lift point someplace in space in front of the loader. I'd have to go back and look at my kinematics books from college to understand the math again. But i do know this with a 4 bar linkage your mechanical advantage changes significantly throughout the arc. Thats why at 59" the loader lifts 158 lbs less ahead of the pivot than at the pivot but at full height it lifts 301 lbs more ahead of the pivot than at the pivot.

So if you were leaning towards green for the extra loader capacity and other wise i'd go that route. What transmission where you looking at on the 5083E

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E
Thanks Dave. I went to Central High here in Little Rock. I tell people that means my math is not very good but I'm pretty effective with a handgun. Given those weak math skills, I trust you and there is no need to dig up that kinematics book just yet. As for the Deere, the transmission is a 12x12. I have quoted the twelve speed Kubota as well, but understand (from this this thread) that the two are not the same.

I owe you guys the electronic equivalent of a beer.

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #60  
Joe

I sent you a PM on the Kubota pricing. Call the guy in Camden, if you are interested in that brand. I think there is about a thousand dollar differance between the JD 553 and H260 loader.

Mike

I think the local Kubota dealer may not discounting near enough. Hard to say since the Kubota website doesn't allow me to build and price a 8560. The 8540 is what is listed. But, I'm coming up short of a 15-18% discount by a wide margin using the 8540 pricing as a guide.