Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #61  
Thanks Dave. I went to Central High here in Little Rock. I tell people that means my math is not very good but I'm pretty effective with a handgun. Given those weak math skills, I trust you and there is no need to dig up that kinematics book just yet. As for the Deere, the transmission is a 12x12. I have quoted the twelve speed Kubota as well, but understand (from this this thread) that the two are not the same. I owe you guys the electronic equivalent of a beer.

That was one reason I leaned toward Kubota, although small. Kubota gets it's 12 speed with 6 synchronized speeds in two non-sychronized ranges. Deere gets it's 12 speed with 4 synchronized speeds in three non-synchronized ranges. Kubota offers more choices without stopping to change ranges.

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #62  
Hi Joe,

Roger found this link there is a fairly simple explanation of how the linkage works.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/buying-pricing-comparisons/265150-kioti-dk45se-c-vs-john.html

This is a pretty good simple explanation. On a normal loader the the only force exerted on the bucket or the loader is the vertical component provided by the lift cylinders. on the MSL or 4 bar linkage the top link actually goes into tension and literally pulls the bucket level. the Pivot pin acts as it describes the pivot point. so at the Pivot pin the only vertical component is from the hydraulics. but ahead of the pivot you have this vertical component which for normal loaders is 25% less but on the MSL you have this force plus the torque being created by the top link. I will try and create a Free body diagram showing the MSL

I only have the 8x8 trans in mine normally i don't any problems with this but i was plowing up my field which has not been turned over in 30 years and were trying to go down 10 inches where possible. at full power i was just a little shy of having enough power to pull the plow in 4th gear which is about 5.1 mph but 3rd is only 3.6 i pulled 3rd with out any problems but would have liked something in between. The 12 speeds is 4 th gear 3.6 mph 5th gear 4.4 mph and 6th 5.3 mph.

So if your going to be doing a lot of work with with demanding ground engaging implements your definitely looking in the right direction at the 12 speed. Plus on the kubota if you get the 12 speed you get the high lift capacity 3 pt which moves you up to 7275 lbs 24" behind the lift points. You would never have to worry about not being able to lift something with the 3 pt but you would probably have to fill the bucket with lead to have enough front end weight

Last edited:
   / Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E
Ok lads, tonight's remedial questions... Kubota has the 540/1000 PTO option. The used flex-mower I'd like to buy is a 1000 PTO, so that is an advantage but I'd like some comments from those you that might have some knowledge or experience of how this works. The Deere has no such option on the e.

Deere is touting the higher displacement (276 vs 230) of their engine claiming Kubota has to work harder to pull same rpms. Not sure I buy that. Seems like efficiency of a whole bunch of other variables could have a dramatic impact outside of just raw cylinder size.

It looks like the Kubota 8560 12 speed is about $3000 more than the Deere 5083 with the non self leveling 260 loader after trying several dealers.

Will read thread on mechanical lift explanation. Thanks for providing. Mike I tried your guy today but had the wrong number. Will call him tomorrow. Thanks for that as well.

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #64  
Joe

The Camden Kubota is closed on Monday. The name of the dealer is Jimmy's Cycle, Tractor and Marine. I am within a frogs hair of ordering one. May be the biggest mistake of my life. My wife says go for it.

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #65  
Ok lads, tonight's remedial questions... Kubota has the 540/1000 PTO option. The used flex-mower I'd like to buy is a 1000 PTO, so that is an advantage but I'd like some comments from those you that might have some knowledge or experience of how this works. The Deere has no such option on the e.

Deere is touting the higher displacement (276 vs 230) of their engine claiming Kubota has to work harder to pull same rpms. Not sure I buy that. Seems like efficiency of a whole bunch of other variables could have a dramatic impact outside of just raw cylinder size.

It looks like the Kubota 8560 12 speed is about $3000 more than the Deere 5083 with the non self leveling 260 loader after trying several dealers.

Will read thread on mechanical lift explanation. Thanks for providing. Mike I tried your guy today but had the wrong number. Will call him tomorrow. Thanks for that as well.

With my JD 6415 which has the 540/1000 PTO, you remove a snap ring, pull the PTO shaft, reverse it, reinstall snap ring. This automaticly changes the PTO shaft to the correct speed. I too consider this an advantage since you are not limited when buying used equipment.

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #66  

They must have somethig else going, that's for sure. :confused: They are both rated at 2400rpm.

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #67  
I may have missed this but have you gotten a quote on an m8540 should still be some around. I intentionally bought a 2011 tier3. as i would rather have a mechanical fuel injection system. Dont have to worry about the dpf and its burn cycle or any of the electronics or controls. I do like the new integrated park brake lever.

As for the 1000 rpm shaft kubota has a similar setup remove 540 shaft install 1000

Dave

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #68  
Dave

The price I got was for a M8560. There is a M8540 about 60 mikes from Camden, but he wants 47,500 plus tax. There are a few M40 series around, but they are priced high. I found a T4030 New Holland cab in Pennsylvania for $37,000 plus $2000 shipping. This is without a loader. By the time I put a loader on, it will run about $47,000 with 2.9% financing. I could buy used, but even that would cost more than a new M8560.
I guess I could chunk my raiser in the trash can, let the roads turn into ravines, throw my hands in the air, and just let everything grow up. so

Mike

Actually started out by looking at the 8540. Good deal on one at Ag Pro in Stuttgart. I think it was $48 with third function, three remotes, and radio. No air ride. Then I checked out the 5083. Nicer cab, a little heavier, a few better specs a few worse. Then I thought I should see the 8540. Cab much improved, potential for fuel savings, a little heavier, and I can order it just like I want. Might be foolish of me, but my experience with Tier IV in motorhomes was a MUCH improved fuel efficiency. Like 25-30%. My guess is I will save money on fuel with the 8560 and you guys will have long sense talked me into a new tractor before I have to replace the filter.

Everyday is a new day, but today, I'm leaning Kubota.

Excellent thread on mechanical linkage and general understanding of what to be looking for in loader specs. Thanks again Roger.