Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Quote Originally Posted by joe0189 View Post
    Excellent thread on mechanical linkage and general understanding of what to be looking for in loader specs. Thanks again Roger.
    No problem. With the help of XRING I now understand how a mechanical self leveling loader works

Tractor
    Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Default Re: Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E

FWIW, we had the mechanical self leveling feature on our Case CX80 and hated it, we finally took all of the linkage off. We were able to transport much more in the bucket. I believe kubota and others make self leveling loaders that are not mechanical. We didn't need one, so didn't get that option.

Tractor
    Kubota 9540, RTV 900 and David Brown 885.

The system kubota uses is in the loader valve some how. It can be switched on and off. What's not to like about self leveling?

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Quote Originally Posted by DT86 View Post
    The system kubota uses is in the loader valve some how. It can be switched on and off. What's not to like about self leveling?
    If you are use to using a loader for loader work, not fork lift work, it can be annoying. I have hydraulic self leveling on my Mahindra 7520, my brother HATES it because you have to remember to curl the bucket back as you raise the loader. I know that a lot of people do not like it, I have had 2 different 580 Case back hoes, and both of them have had the SL feature disabled.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Tractor
    Kubota M8560

Yep, decided against any type of self leveling bucket. Got a price per Mike's suggestion from Camden. Great price but the sales tax was 3.5% higher than Fiser, negating the gain. (Why in the world do you guys need 9.5% sales tax in Camden?) Was just about ready to pull the trigger on the 8560 and got cold feet because of that awful new seat pad. It has formed foam lumps that quite literally chafe my backside.

All this research on a really nice tractor and it is going to come to a $2.00 piece of foam. I think kubota has better specs. But I can't bring myself to pay this much for a tractor and then pay to put some aftermarket seat in it.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Yep, decided against any type of self leveling bucket. Got a price per Mike's suggestion from Camden. Great price but the sales tax was 3.5% higher than Fiser, negating the gain. (Why in the world do you guys need 9.5% sales tax in Camden?) Was just about ready to pull the trigger on the 8560 and got cold feet because of that awful new seat pad. It has formed foam lumps that quite literally chafe my backside.

All this research on a really nice tractor and it is going to come to a $2.00 piece of foam. I think kubota has better specs. But I can't bring myself to pay this much for a tractor and then pay to put some aftermarket seat in it.
    Maybe you should express your concern to the dealer on the seat. That is some high sales tax, VA is only 5%. Alot of guys on here get their tractor from Barlows, it would not hurt to see what they get out of one. I think if a tractor is delivered to you from out of state you pay your states sales tax. Which just made me think if the dealer in Camden delivers to you would you get the 6% sale tax rate? If you and jmwilson are both going to buy from the same dealer you should go together and try to get a better price.

Bronze Member

Joe

We have so many criminals in Camden that they wanted a multi million dollar jail. We had a vote to raise the sales tax to buy a new facility with large screen TV sets, high efficient air conditioners, pool tables, and lord knows what else. I voted against the tax. For the life of me, I cannot understand why someone would vote to increase their taxes. I am curious of the price on the M8560 at Fiser's and what the options were.

Mike

Tractor
    Kubota M8560

We have no criminals here in Little Rock. :0)

My new address has 7% sales tax. So as Roger pointed out, I could have it shipped there. Inclined to buy from your guy and do that if I can get over the seat but that is a big if.

Fiser M8560HDC-12, third function, 3 remote valves (two with float), air seat, 540/1000 PTO, Rear Wiper, and the bigger radial tires... $53500. Your guy, $51,800. Ironically the same price as the Ag Pro dealer in Stuttgart for the 5083 with 260 NSL. That tractor, though, does not have radials, rear wiper, 1000 PTO option, and generally the specs favor the kubota. Both solid dealers. However, the seat of the Deere is one I can sit in.

Bronze Member

I was looking at my notes, and I contacted Brian at the Russleville AR kubota dealership back during the summer. He gave me a price on a M8540 for $47,225. That is high. The sales tax in that town is 8.5%. The sales tax in Sherwood, AR is 9%

The sales tax in Camden is 9.75.

Uh-Oh...you posted while I was typing.

Tractor
    Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

I'm surprised, the seat on our M8540 is very comfortable. We initially wanted an air ride seat, but after three summers just don't see/"feel" the need. Our dealer has one L8540 left, everything else is the 60 Series; haven't been in one though.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast