Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #1  

joe0189

Tractor
Kubota M8560
Good day all.

After having several dealers quote me every tractor on their lots, and much help here, my search is narrowing. I am down to either a Deere 5083e or the new Kubota 8560. I was going to buy a new 2011 8540, but after seeing the new specs on the 8560 (heavier) and the subtle but important cab refinements on the 8560 I think I've eliminated the 8540.

Specs are pretty comparable. I like the Kubota for the excellent dealer support, PTO horsepower and the hydraulics seem a little better. I don't however like the location of the front tie rods (in front of the axle) or that seat. Wow that thing has foam in places that don't line up well with my own rear chassis. I bet that can be fixed though.

Price looks like it is going to be within $1000 by the time I add third function and rear hydraulics.

Kubota is a brand I have personal experience with. Deere, all I know is what I read. I do think (but am often wrong) the 5083 is made (assembled) in the US.

Also, I found a 15' woods batwing for $2500. It has a leaking cylinder and some wear, but my thinking was I could a whole bunch of work on it for the $12,500 I'd be saving. You guys tell me if I'm about to poop in my mess kit here.

For those not seeing my previous posts you will want to know:

40 acres. Mowing 32. May expand beyond that. Pretty level. Loader work is important. May relocate a pond. Need to clear 8 acres. From there, box-blade, disk, a tiller, and who know what else will be uses.

I should also mention, Tier 4 doesn't bother me. In fact, I had a motorhome that got way better mileage with that newfangled tier 4 than my older without. So it could be a plus, depending on what the cost of those filters is.

Thanks guys (especially Roger) in advance for your excellent help.

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #2  
I would be to concerned about the tie rod, the only damage I've heard of is a torn boot.
As for the seat, tell the dealer you want the air ride seat. It will save your south side.

E/S

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #3  
I am in the same dilemma deciding between an m8560 or a 5083e. The 8560 is $45,695, and the 5083e is $45,770 with Triple deluxe rear SCV hydraulics and the 12.4-24 tire option. I think I am going with the John Deere.
I have had 4 wheel drive vehicles ever since I have been able to drive. All tie rods are in front of the axle, and I have never had any problems.

Mike

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #5  
Its hard to keep track of this, but I think the 'E' series is done in India. Not bad tractors I am sure, but by most accounts they are more crude than Deere other products.

Think that is on the 5075E and below. Seems like I recall seeing that the 5083E and higher were made in USA.

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #6  
deere5105 said:
Think that is on the 5075E and below. Seems like I recall seeing that the 5083E and higher were made in USA.

Tractordata lists the 5083e as being assembled in GA.

I'm sure either one would suit your needs fairly equally.

However... I would choose the 12 speed Kubota (6 gears in 2 ranges) over the 12 speed Deere (4 gears in 3 ranges) because the ranges are not synchronized on either, requiring a full stop to shift between ranges. In some situations the Kubota would stand out with more choices for a proper gear in each range, there for eliminating range changes.

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #7  
Was the John Deere dealer the one that brought the tie rod end location on the Kubota to your attention?

Look where the tie rods are on your BX. Have you bent one of them. A M series is going to set way higher so it should be less suseptible to damage.

Last edited:
   / Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #8  
I also looked at a Deere 5083e but mirrors were an option, right door was an option too. Chose the Kubota.

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E
Thanks guys. I really think either one will be awesome tractors. I was just about to buy the Deere with the larger 260 loader when I ran across a new 100 hp Mahindra. Waiting on numbers and intel on this new tractor before deciding.

/ Kubota M8560 vs Deere 5083E #10  
Thanks guys. I really think either one will be awesome tractors. I was just about to buy the Deere with the larger 260 loader when I ran across a new 100 hp Mahindra. Waiting on numbers and intel on this new tractor before deciding.

I would venture to say that it is very close to the 8560 for specs, just another 17 hp and hopefully a 16x16 power shuttle. :cool: I am very surprised that it is already out, or did your dealer say that it was coming out soon? :confused3: Please let us know what you find out when you find out. ;)