Comparison JD 5083eLTD v New Holland T4.75

/ JD 5083eLTD v New Holland T4.75 #11  
I'll have to admit I looked hard at the 4.75's before I bought my Deere 5093e. In the end I wanted 80 PTO hp to run my 567 deere baler and while the 4.75 probably could have run it, I'll have to admit I bleed a little green and the dealer closest to me is Green. That said, the NH 4.75's looked really nice. I'm happy with my decision, but I don't think you'll be unhappy if you select the 4.75. As one poster said, they all break sometime!

/ JD 5083eLTD v New Holland T4.75 #12  
I think the 5093E is certainly more tractor than the 4.75, I don't think you can really compare the two on a level basis. I think if you really do want more than 65pto hp you should be looking at a more powerful tractor than the 4.75, such as the 5093 like hoffmtim purchased.

/ JD 5083eLTD v New Holland T4.75 #13  
Both are nice tractors. I think either one would serve you well. You will probably just have to make a subjective decision, based on which one you "like" better.

One suggestion that I have, though.
Given that you stated your primary use of the tractor was clearing snow, I would strongly suggest that you look at the "premium" tractors for both brands before you buy. (JD 5M series, and NH T4000 series) There are a bunch of nice features in both brands that are only available on the "premium" series. (more gears on the trans, higher capacity hydraulics, etc.)

/ JD 5083eLTD v New Holland T4.75 #14  
As far as I'm aware, the T4.75 is a replacement for the T4000 series, not an economy line vs. premium line like with the 5M and 5E series.

/ JD 5083eLTD v New Holland T4.75 #15  
I think the 5093E is certainly more tractor than the 4.75, I don't think you can really compare the two on a level basis. I think if you really do want more than 65pto hp you should be looking at a more powerful tractor than the 4.75, such as the 5093 like hoffmtim purchased.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to say they were the same. Actually, the fact the 5093e had the more PTO HP and was a bit "bigger" is why I went that way. Just wanted to acknowledge that the 4.75 was a nice tractor for its size.