Comparison JD 5083eLTD v New Holland T4.75

/ JD 5083eLTD v New Holland T4.75 #1  

Grassmanager

Tractor
Ford
Hi All,
I am a Landscape Contractor who does a bit of disc ploughing, rotary hoeing & slashing. I am considering a new tractor with a cab as my old Ford 4130 is ready for replacement. Can people tell me what is a more suitable tractor: JD 5083e Ltd or the New Holland T4.75
JD offer 2yrs 2000hr warranty with 250hr service intervals whilst NewHolland have 500hr intervals with a warranty of 3yrs.
We would be lucky to clock up more than 250hrs per year

Cheers

/ JD 5083eLTD v New Holland T4.75 #2  
I am just bumping this thread as I am comparing these to models myself and would like to know peoples opinions. I am searching a reading about the NH, I have already done my research on the JD and it seems like a decent tractor. I am more interested in peoples overall experience is with the NH, JD owners seem to like the 5083e. I believe the top road speed for the NH is 40km/h and the JD is 37km/h....one of the main reasons I would choose the NH over the JD. Any helpful insight would be appreciated.

Last edited:
   / JD 5083eLTD v New Holland T4.75 #3  
The Cab on the T4.75 has a much better lay out overall. All around just a much better cab and a better looking tractor. The T4.75 when placed on a dyno will push out over 80HP. I'm a dealer for the blue ones. Here recently we had a test run at a customers house who is a contractor that runs a 10ft aerway. Us and the deere dealer demoed at the same time in the same field. The new Holland could pull the aerway over 6mph the JD could not get over 4.5...needless to say the guy bought a few blue ones. Nothing wrong with the deere I just think the New Holland is better all around tractor. But even as a dealer I can say it all comes down to $ and who is going to take better care of you....they all breakdown sooner or later!!!

/ JD 5083eLTD v New Holland T4.75 #4  
The 4.75 is probably more nimble of the two for landscaping,shorter frame.And as mentioned by KNOWITALL the cab layout is better in my opinion also. I havent spent that much time in a 4.75 but do run a 5083e for a friend often. The NH is probably also a tad lighter for towing.

/ JD 5083eLTD v New Holland T4.75 #5  
Thanks for the reply's.
I would have simply assumed that the deere would be a little stronger as it states higher engine and pto horsepower, but by the sounds of it those numbers don't mean a thing. I will definitely take a T4 for a drive and check out the interior. Though from the few calls I have made today it seems there are not too many t4.75's laying around.
FYI, this is the first time I have ever sat in a tractor, let alone every operated on, so any other tidbits about these to two tractors is appreciated.

/ JD 5083eLTD v New Holland T4.75 #6  
Dealer location and reputation and support would outweigh the differences in the two...because....."they all do breakdown".....:)

/ JD 5083eLTD v New Holland T4.75 #7  
It seems like a 3 km/hr top speed difference (1.8 mph) is an odd factor to base a tractor purchase on.

/ JD 5083eLTD v New Holland T4.75 #8  
Well the reason I am buy a tractor is for my snow clearing business and the quicker I can get from place to place is ideal. So that's where my search started. So from those beginnings, it has lead me to these two tractors (Farmall 75 as well, as it is the same as the T4.75?) Now from what Knowitall has said, it seems the higher top speed NH may even perform better than the Deere so it may be a win win.
As for the dealership locations. I have John Deere, New Holland, and Kubota/Case (same location) all located in my city so I hope i can say that I should be good any which way to go.

/ JD 5083eLTD v New Holland T4.75 #9  
I have looked into the T4.75's quite a bit over the last few months (internet research only so far) and I've talked with a few different owners on here about their experience with the 4.75 so far. I have a very extensive "review" that one member on here wrote for me, it's about 5 pages long in a word document, and if anyone would like to see it then I'd be happy to email it to you, just send me a PM.

All in all though, if money and timing were right for me right now, I would be buying the 4.75 assuming the test drive went well.
-Matt

/ JD 5083eLTD v New Holland T4.75 #10  
Also, there has been some rumors on here about the 4.75's being made by LS. I confirmed with a large, well respected dealer, that they are not made by LS, but by NH themselves.