Price Check My first, Deere 4310 new to me, new member

/ My first, Deere 4310 new to me, new member #1  

davx

Tractor
Deere 4310 HST
Hello. I'm new to the forum but I have been visiting this site for well over three years as I searched off and on for a tractor. The information on TBN has been a great aid in the decision making process, so my first act as a member will be to thank this community for all of the information sharing.

Well, this past weekend I took the plunge and bought my first tractor.

I would like some reassurance (or maybe grief) on the pricing of the deal.

2002 John Deere 4310 with 385 hours
430 FEL
E-Hydro HST
MFWD
Load Match
Motion Match
Cruise
Regular 3pt arms (not the extendable kind)
Bucket level indicator
R4 tires
MID PTO

Also in this package is:
Land Pride FDR2572 finish mower in moderate condition.
5ft landscaping rake.
Land pride Rototiller RTA 1558 with some moderate rusting.
Total $14,300

Some things that were right/wrong:
Tractor was stored indoors for the past 4 years used occasionally for snow removal. When first viewed it needed a jump but started right up. No smoke, sounds fine. Everything works on the tractor, except I can't seem to get the mid pto engaged (yes I read the manual). The front grill retaining brackets are broken off (plastic) so the grill is only held up by the FEL grill protector. One of the work lights has a cracked cover. Other than that the body panels, seat, other cosmetics are in great shape.

I know you all like pics so I'll have them soon in another thread, since I have some questions on a few of the quirks.

Last edited:
   / My first, Deere 4310 new to me, new member #2  
Congrats on your first tractor and welcome to the forum.

/ My first, Deere 4310 new to me, new member #3  
Welcome, congrats.

/ My first, Deere 4310 new to me, new member #4  
congrats davx,great machine,love the hst,enjoy it safely and as u mentioned Pics,,,Pics,,Pics

/ My first, Deere 4310 new to me, new member #5  
Price sound more than fair.. I think you got a good deal..Welcome to the forum,, Lou

/ My first, Deere 4310 new to me, new member #6  
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on the tractor.

/ My first, Deere 4310 new to me, new member #7  
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ken

/ My first, Deere 4310 new to me, new member #8  
Congrats on the tractor. If you are happy with it that is all that counts. Deal sounds square to me. Only thing i suggest is you change oil and filter. That way you know you started out with fresh oil. And run some sea foam through the fuel. Enjoy your new tractor.

/ My first, Deere 4310 new to me, new member
Guess we think alike, I had already planned on picking up a couple cans of seafoam today and doing their diesel hot soak procedure with the fuel bowl. I'll put the rest in the tank. Nice to know it's something someone else would consider doing too, thanks.

/ My first, Deere 4310 new to me, new member #10  
Welcome to TBN and congrats on your new tractor!!
The 4310 was one of Deere's best (IMHO) and I'm sure you'll get years of use out of it.