Buying Advice Is the Bobcat CT 225 HST Compact Tractor a good tractor??

/ Is the Bobcat CT 225 HST Compact Tractor a good tractor?? #1  

1phat72

Tractor
non yet looking for one...
looking for a compact tractor for food plots and mowing trails for atv's, and cleanup around land...

/ Is the Bobcat CT 225 HST Compact Tractor a good tractor?? #2  
:welcome:Yes, very good tractor

/ Is the Bobcat CT 225 HST Compact Tractor a good tractor?? #3  
They had a issue with the hydro pedal sticking. Are you looking at buying one new or used? Bobcat dropped the compact tractor line.

/ Is the Bobcat CT 225 HST Compact Tractor a good tractor??
It is a used one with 227 hours on it...

/ Is the Bobcat CT 225 HST Compact Tractor a good tractor?? #5  
Someguys also have said the 225 was underpowered.

/ Is the Bobcat CT 225 HST Compact Tractor a good tractor?? #6  
I have its Kioti twin CK25, except in gear shuttle shift. I'm very pleased with it. These tractors have enough weight to be very effective for ground engaging and loader tasks, far better performance than their size might indicate. As for the HST, yes there have been some complaints about it being undercpowered but I suspect that is from many who try to do too much in higher ranges. The 3 range HST should yield the correct power points for most tasks. Some expect these tractors to work faster than they are intended.

I do have to admit that I went gear to maximize power. And have never been left wanting for more power, to the ground or to implements.

I say if the price is right, and you are looking for a digger/hauler, go for it. They are fine tractors.

/ Is the Bobcat CT 225 HST Compact Tractor a good tractor?? #7  
I had one (CT235) and the hydro was not used in to high of a range. Low was loader work and heavy grading, medium was for light grading and moving around most of my property and high was for on the road. I am not trying to bash up on the tractor I just feel it is something he should be aware of before he buys one.

Have you thought about a about a new tractor you could get a new Kubota L3200 for 17,500ish and if you pay cash there is a $2000 rebate.If you finance it you can get 0% APR for 60 months and no payments til April 1,2013.

/ Is the Bobcat CT 225 HST Compact Tractor a good tractor?? #8  
I have that tractor and I like it a lot. Whether it is under-powered depends entirely on what you want to do with it, and how fast you want to do it. One good thing about the Bobcat / Kioti line is that it generally runs heavier than comparable CUTs and SCUTs of similar horsepower, so it can get traction where a lighter tractor would just spin its wheels. On the other hand, if mowing will be a primary use, you may prefer a lighter tractor, because it will make less of an impression on your ground.