2009 Case IH farmall 45 opinions????

/ 2009 Case IH farmall 45 opinions???? #1  

southerncat650

Tractor
none
I'm looking at buying a used farmall 45 with a cab air,heat,radio,front and rear hydrolics, r1 tire,loader,has hydrostatic tranmission ,514 hours looks great and asking 26,500 is that a bit high or good deal?? How does that tractor preform? I'm bush hogging,small dirt work with loader,going to buy a ratchet rake for the bucket to clear brush, and some work with a box blade?

/ 2009 Case IH farmall 45 opinions????
I found a farmall 60 same price with cab that's all I know at this time I have to call and find out more about. But are the case farmall tractors a good tractor???

/ 2009 Case IH farmall 45 opinions???? #3  
the older ones are i owned one for 17 years a 21hp case ih i had never had a problem with engine at all the only tranny problem a bent shift fork i plowed with it tilled with it draged logs with it great little tractor

/ 2009 Case IH farmall 45 opinions???? #4  
case245 said:
the older ones are i owned one for 17 years a 21hp case ih i had never had a problem with engine at all the only tranny problem a bent shift fork i plowed with it tilled with it draged logs with it great little tractor

There is literally nothing in common between a 245 and the tractors he mentioned other than color.

/ 2009 Case IH farmall 45 opinions???? #5  
Neighbor has one, likes it, but I have no idea on price.

/ 2009 Case IH farmall 45 opinions???? #6  
I have a Farmall40 CVT with cab, it's been a great unit so far. Mine has 400 hrs, not the same trans but the hydro is a good unit also. I had 3 CNH hydros in the past with no trouble from any of them. Price sounds way steep though. That tractor was probably only 30k new. I would think somewhere in the 22k-23k range is a little more realistic.