Price Check Ford 2600 pricing

/ Ford 2600 pricing #1  

RobertH

Tractor
JD 401B
Hi all
What would be a reasonable price for a 1980 Ford 2600 diesel with a loader and cab, and 500 hours on the clock? The hours appear genuine as the tractor has not been used that much. Any estimates appreciated.

Cheers and thanks

Rob

/ Ford 2600 pricing #3  
Probably $10000 would be a fair price for it if it only has the hours it reads.

/ Ford 2600 pricing #4  
i'd say 6500-8000$

I almost bought one a couple years back in that range.

lets face it.. it's a 33yr old tractor.. :)

/ Ford 2600 pricing
i'd say 6500-8000$

I almost bought one a couple years back in that range.

lets face it.. it's a 33yr old tractor.. :)

Thanks all for the feedback. About 6.5-7.5 is what I thought. We'll see.....

Rob

/ Ford 2600 pricing #6  
keep us posted!

/ Ford 2600 pricing
I went to look at this tractor on Saturday 15th. It was about -10C after a -18 overnight (say 14F/0F). The owner had it running and had evidently plugged it in for a while -block heater. It was stuck in its shed, as the ground had frost-heaved up and the cab would not clear the door cross beam. The loader. advertised as a 'heavy loader' was not, in my opinion, being rather slimline, and had no down pressure. The cab was open on all sides and had some sort of glorified tarp that could be wrapped around, but it was all frozen in a pile as hard as sheet metal. The engine ran smoothly....there were no serious-looking leaks. However the tractor was a bit too small for what I need. The rubber was scarred up some, but serviceable. Overall condition was fair to good for the age, but it did look 'old' I would estimate it would be worth about $6.5-$7.0k. So, not good enough to tempt me but maybe a good little workhorse for someone...asking price was $10k including an old timber trailer( grown into the bushes) and a set of chains.

Rob

/ Ford 2600 pricing #8  
a 2600 with loader .. yeah.. 6-7K is about right. 10k is way too much