honda eu2000 question

/ honda eu2000 question #1  

sal64

Platinum Member
Tractor
jd 2320 jd 990 jd950
hello all dose anyone own a honda eu2000 and can tell me if they like it. tu

/ honda eu2000 question #2  
Don't have one, but I have read a bunch of good things about them on forums for solar power/off gridders who love them for backup power.

/ honda eu2000 question #3  
hello all dose anyone own a honda eu2000 and can tell me if they like it. tu

I own two of them. I also have the kit to parallel the two units with a 30 amp plug so that you have 4000 watts.

About two years ago they changed it so that they now have a 30 amp plug built in to the unit if you parallel two of them together. Previously they would always parallel with the correct cable but the only plug was a 20 amp plug and you could not get the full benefit without the kit and 30 amp plug.

Very quiet and very fuel efficient. Love the two units. Use with my RV.

/ honda eu2000 question #4  
What are you looking to do with it? We use them for tire warmers and general electricity at the race track and they work great and are quiet. If you go with cheap ones they make a lot of noise typically (not only from the engine but the generator itself too).

/ honda eu2000 question #5  
I had an eu3000is that I estimate I put somewhere between 4000 and 6000 hrs on it before I wore out the engine. I have an eu6500is now that I have put 3400 trouble free hours on. I will likely never own anything but a Honda.

Brian

/ honda eu2000 question #6  
Both the Eu 2000w and 3000w models are great units, very quiet, dependable gensets.

/ honda eu2000 question #7  
The EU series is a fantastic generator. Very fuel efficient because it is an inverter generator. Very clean AC signal (true sine wave). Very quiet at lower loads as well. And a very reliable Honda motor. The only thing not to like about them is the price. You can get a basic 2000 watt generator for about $200 (retail). An eu2000i will run you about $1000 (retail). So you really gotta want one. But if you want one and are willing to pay the price, they're fantastic generators.

/ honda eu2000 question #8  
I don't own one but I have been around them and they are extremely quiet.

/ honda eu2000 question #9  
I have Three Honda generators one being the 2000. Great unit. I have 3000 hours on my 6500 building my house with it until the power was pulled. Great unit. Keep the oil changed and it will run forever.

/ honda eu2000 question #10  
I have one and it gets used a lot. We have a place up north and no electricity. When we go up it runs 24 hours non stop while we are there. Have never had a issue with it just runs and runs. The only thing I dont like about it is to change the oil you have to pull the filler plug and turn the generator on its side to drain. I will own nothing but a honda for a generator.