India built John Deere's

/ India built John Deere's #31  
There were a lot of new 2WD in central Ohio and not all that many 4WD. Must be that bigger farms use them to pull wagons or run augers or pumps or whatever.

/ India built John Deere's #32  
If all you have is a single tractor, 4 wd is a must. Especially with a loader... In an operation with multiple tractors, it pays to dedicate the tractor to the job. 4 WD is a frill for a mobile power unit ie feed grinder, auger, blower, etc

/ India built John Deere's #33  
If all you have is a single tractor, 4 wd is a must. Especially with a loader... In an operation with multiple tractors, it pays to dedicate the tractor to the job. 4 WD is a frill for a mobile power unit ie feed grinder, auger, blower, etc

I'd agree, but I'd go as far as to say with only one tractor you want BOTH a loader and 4wd. Once you have that there are a lot of benefits to having a 2wd tractor without a loader. For almost all field work I prefer a 2wd, as well as for light chores (as mentioned above.) For heavy loading, digging, clearing, etc 4wd is very beneficial. The only way I'd consider a 2wd loader tractor nowadays is if it were strictly being used on a fairly level and firm jobsite or farmstead and had plenty of rear ballast. Also, 2wd loader tractors are mainly used for loading and lifting, not nearly as effective as a 4wd for pushing and digging.