India built John Deere's

/ India built John Deere's #1  

Tony S

Bronze Member
Tractor
55 Super John Deere 5303
I'm looking at a 5303 John Deere with FEL. I've been looking all over the net and these seem to be a good tractor. The thing is, I havent seen anything lately about how they are holding up. This one is 2wd with a little over 200 hrs. Looks clean not beat up. I plan on going to look at it on Sat. Is there anything I should be looking for or questions I should ask ? First time poster, what a wonderful site could have sure used it when I was rebuilding my oliver 55 super.

/ India built John Deere's #2  
:welcome:

/ India built John Deere's #3  
India built John Deere's? No major problems that I know about so far, seems most of the members who have them are well satisfied. On a personal note I prefer to support India with it's large population rather than giving China all of our business.

/ India built John Deere's #4  
:welcome: to the forum.

Even though it is built in India it is still built to John Deere's specs.

I would ask them if all of the maintenance is up to date.

/ India built John Deere's #5  
you wont like a 2wd with loader, unless its a barnyard tractor. get a 4wd. good luck

/ India built John Deere's #8  
Lots of those tractors around here and I haven't heard anything bad yet. Have not seen one in the shop of a large dealer yet either and they sell boatloads of them.

/ India built John Deere's #9  
I've got the 5103 with the 512 loader and love it. I've moved rocks, lots of dirt, dug burn pits etc. I could use more horsepower but so far no problems that wer'nt self induced:)

/ India built John Deere's
Thanks for the reply's, I'm not to worried about 2wd. I've used quite a few 2wd tractors with FEL to do what I need, I'm sure 4wd would be better some of the time but they seem to run about 4k to 5k more for about the same size machine, at least from what I have seen around these parts.