dozer comparison

/ dozer comparison #11  
I myself would stay with cat. I'm a Deere man myself up to the heavy iron (7,8,9,etc.....) I think u would be better off all the way around (parts service etc....). That's what its all about today if your moving dirt. I've ran a lot of them for a living and own a Deere. Service and dependability means a lot! Just my 0.02 cts. Good luck with whatever u choose.

/ dozer comparison #12  
No doubt Cat and Deere have darn good parts support on older equipment. Dresser has gone through a couple of different owners in the last 15 years or so and is currently owned a a Polish firm and now goes under the name of Dressta. It was previously owned by Komatsu. I also am a member over at Heavy Equipment Forums and there does not seem to be too much trouble with parts.

In 2010 I purchased a 2007 model year TD7 Dressta Dozer with only 245 hours on it for less than half what a Cat or Deere would have cost me. It performs excellent and has given no problems to date. It is a wet clutch/brake machine rather than hydro but for my uses it has not been an issue.

They certainly do not have the market share of the big boys but they are a proven design and have withstood the test of time.

/ dozer comparison #13  
Not sure if this is considered a hi-jack. What is the consensus on a 1997 Mitsubishi BD2J with 1450 hours, low pressure tracks, 6 way blade, direct drive. $11,500 from an equipment dealer.

I am in the process of buying 80 acres. I will have many uses for it including leveling off an area for a hay storage shed and also some of the property to gain a little more field, removing stumps and some good size boulders, regrading 1/2 mile driveway, and last but definitely not least - building and maintaining a natural terrain motocross track with some of the hilly parts being 10-30 degree slopes. This is all private use so the projects would be over time.

They also have a 1998 BD2J-11 with 1065 hrs and looks like a complete fresh paint job for $15,500

There is a used equipment parts dealer nearby that has a large inventory for parts so that's not a big issue.

Last edited: