dozer comparison

/ dozer comparison #2  
Welcome to TBN:welcome:

How about posting a complete sentence when posing your question.

/ dozer comparison #3  
What kind of comparison? Size, cost, reliability, what? :confused3:

/ dozer comparison #4  
we need more info. like MtnView Ranch stated .There are lots of variables.

/ dozer comparison #5  
My daughter brought cats home all the time, but for some reason they came up missing after a couple of weeks.

I would suggest getting a dress.

Mike

/ dozer comparison #6  
I have a CAT D3 and no experience with Dresser... although they look well built.

On the occasions I've needed a part to two... I have been overwhelmed by the local CAT Dealer... I'm a nobody and yet they really are helpfull... even offered to drive my part out the jobsite at no charge if I was on a job...

So a plus one for CAT parts and service at Peterson Tractor.

/ dozer comparison #7  
As others have asked what size, what price range ..etc....new or s/h?.......& what spec's BTB ?A & T?, rippers?, Tree pusher ? Winch? LGP?
And your intended use ......roadmaking, earthworks, ponds/dams, clearing, logging, rock ripping, earth ripping, pad levelling ,scraper tug/pusher ????..etc & is it for private use &/or contracting?
Without these details we'd only be guessing & may give incorrect advice.

Last edited:
   / dozer comparison #8  
Gordon Gould a member here on TBN has a Dresser TD 70 dozer IIRC, he might respond to this thread.

/ dozer comparison #9  
I ran a TD-8 (think that was the model number) for a couple days. I believe it was a mid 90's year model. It ran good, good on fuel. 6 way blade, pedal steer... Kinda like a D3B to what I can remember. But as mentioned above, I would be concerned with parts supply for a dresser. Now cat... Great equipment, and a great parts system/supply.

/ dozer comparison #10  
I had a Dresser 500C, not a bad maachine, but parts is another story. The shaft on the front mount hydraulic pump sheared off and you cannot get a direct replacement for the pump. Had to go to a hydraulic shop for a pump and matched up as close as we could, but still had to do some mods to get it to work. Go with Cat, Deere, Komatsu or other known brands so you can get parts, as you will surely need them.