Hey, everybody...

/ Hey, everybody... #1  

Conservative1

Tractor
John Deere 790
Forgive me for barging in, but I just got in from admiring my brand spankin' new tractor. You folks helped me make a decision, even though I've never posted here before...
The man from Rowland Implements in Lebanon, TN delivered my little green monster at 0830 today- saturday. We spent the necessary "getting acquainted time" as this is my first farm machine. After 45 mins or so of talking Lubes, Oils, protocol, and tricks of the trade, I was off and running.
What a hoot, I forgot to eat lunch, and was even late for dinner! I got 7 acres cut, dragged and filled in holes in our gravel drive, and even used some of the tricks and safety ideas I'd read on here while waiting not so patiently for this day to arrive. I survived!
I figured it was time to post my experiences so that the next guy like me will have one more person to listen to.
Thanks for the tips...
Conservative1
Proud new owner of a JD790, MFWD, FEL, LX5, and 2- count em- 2 new John Deere caps worn proudly at separate times. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Hey, everybody... #2  
Conservative1,

Enjoy that tractor! You mentioned safety...be sure to read up on tractor safety as much as you can...I was REALLY new to tractors last year and it is amazing how different they are than trucks/cars as far as how they react to some situations. You never think of back flipping a pickup, for example...

Post a picture or two of your new friend when you get a chance.

/ Hey, everybody... #3  
Congratulations Conservative1 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
You need to show us a picture of your new toy... oh, uh... tool /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Sounds like you got a good set of tools to work with there. Lots of work that seems much more approachable now huh?

/ Hey, everybody... #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Proud new owner of a JD790, MFWD, FEL, LX5, and 2- count em- 2 new John Deere caps worn proudly at separate times. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )</font>

ONLY two hats! See, that's why I went with Kubota! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just kidding - Enjoy the new toy...err tractor. And don't forget to wipe that silly grin off your face BEFORE you go in the house. Otherwise everyone will know your having fun!

/ Hey, everybody... #5  
Congratulations and welcome to TBN! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Hey, everybody... #6  
<font color="blue">...8:30am Sat to 01:14 AM Sun... I just got in from admiring my brand spankin' new tractor ... </font>

Congrats on the new green machine... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't understand though... you had just a few more hours and it would have been daylight... I would have slept with her... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Welcome to TBN... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Hey, everybody... #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( and 2- count em- 2 new John Deere caps )</font>

I know what you mean.. when I bought my NH, I shelled out about 10K for 2 hats.. and the salesman threw the tractor in for free.

Soundguy

/ Hey, everybody... #8  
I DIDN'T GET NO STINKIN' HATS WITH MY NH TRACTOR. But I did get 2 T-Shirts that are pretty spiffy. <font color="blue"> </font>

/ Hey, everybody... #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I know what you mean.. when I bought my NH, I shelled out about 10K for 2 hats.. and the salesman threw the tractor in for free. )</font>

I know what you mean, my neighboor got a hat from my dealer, unreal, so I paid a ton of money just for one. Just shows what hanging around will do for ya! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike Z.

/ Hey, everybody... #10  
Conservative1:

Congrads on the new addition, I took delivery on a 790 about 4 weeks ago and havn't looked back yet on my desision.

Love it, to put it another way, I have to buy a dryer on sunday so we ended up with a new pair washer/dryer I had a lot easer time coughing up money for the tractor than the washer/dryer..... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Whiskey