Looking to buy Deere

/ Looking to buy Deere #11  
My vote is on the 500 hour machine. Even if the 3000hr tractor was maintained well, you will likely have pin slop, loose steering, worn components, harder to start in cold weather, it will be a money pit right off the bat. Just my :2cents:

/ Looking to buy Deere #12  
I would go for the lessor hour machine as well but provide more details about the two machines first as a 4000 series is way to broad to be most helpful

/ Looking to buy Deere #13  
Everything else being equal I would go less hours and buy a 4 in 1 bucket every day of the week.

/ Looking to buy Deere #17  
Lower hours is a +

/ Looking to buy Deere #18  
Well, I have had what I consider excellent luck with older high hour machines. So I would be taking a "GOOD' look at the higher hour machine myself. If you know what to look for, you can get a pretty good idea without talking to anyone. ;)

Just my :2cents:

/ Looking to buy Deere #19  
Sincere congrats on the projects you've done mjncad - some of which I would like to include in the next issue of Practical Farm Ideas - Practical Farm Ideas Magazine - 21 Years helping farmers cut costs The waste oil collector you made, for example, would be really useful for other farmers to see. Maybe you could get in touch - mike@farmideas.co.uk Thanks

Welcome to TBN Mike. It's nice to see a new member from across the pond. I have sent you an email, and thanks for the kind words regarding my projects.

/ Looking to buy Deere
I ended up buying a 2004 4710 Deere 4x4 with 300 hrs, a 48 Deere backhoe and 460 loader for $21,500. Was able to talk the seller down another $500 once I arrived. The tractor looks almost as good as showroom condition (the marking on the torqued bolts are clean as can be and so is everything under the hood), but the paint on the loader looks a little used. The teeth on the 18" bucket look new so I hope that the whole backhoe have seen such little use. Was a heck of a time driving through PA last night but I finally have her home. Any thought/comments appreciated

Just to quickly add, why the heck did Deere put a plastic hood/fender on this thing; these **** toggle switches also scare me a bit?!? ResizedImage_1356791779111.jpg