Buying Advice What is the Best Tractor for a 5 Acre Hobby Farm?

/ What is the Best Tractor for a 5 Acre Hobby Farm? #11  
i use a TN60A new holland . shes around 60 hp.. with fel.
heck ? my yard is 2.7 acres .. and i use it for yard work all the time.
get the biggest tractor u can afford .. nothing is worse than buying a tractor thats too small.
i wishes now i would have went 80 horse or 100.
i run cow calf on over a 100 acres ..my tractor so far has done everything i need it to do.
but im lucky ..my uncle lives close by .. can use his kubota mx125 anytime i want ... but ?
with my luck ..something will go wrong when i use it...lollol

/ What is the Best Tractor for a 5 Acre Hobby Farm? #12  
I couldn't disagree more. First decide what you want to do with the tractor, then decide how much tractor you need and what features you want, then find which makes/models provide those features, out of the dealers are within an acceptable range of you. Finally, go drive the actual tractor, visit the dealership, and talk price.

Alternatively, go check out all the dealers in your area to get a better sense of what might fit you. A salesperson can help you find the right tractor to fit your needs. But don't settle on a brand until you have checked out everything that's available. At the very least, you may miss out on the opportunity to negotiate a better price from one dealer.

hummm but you do know ? most ppl don't know what they need or want on a tractor.
i almost bought a too small tractor ..a TN60A 4x4 with FEL...
yeah...almost made a 28k mistake ....
but she does the job...just barely ...i move alotta hay ..needed a 4x4 and shuttle shift ..
wanted somethinh to stab a bale with fel ...and go.
she does it just fine now ...after putting fluid in rear tires. ...but my point is ..almost everybody buys a wayyy to
small tractor... yes they cost lots more... but when she's paid for....you'll be glad you went bigger.
peabody

/ What is the Best Tractor for a 5 Acre Hobby Farm? #13  
There is a saying on TBN, When you finally decide on what size tractor you want jump to the next size up.

/ What is the Best Tractor for a 5 Acre Hobby Farm? #15  
I do not know of a no_till drill out there that can be pulled with a 30 hp compact tractor. These are heavy units. You may want to start by deciding what you want for your drill. Then follow manufactures recommendations. Also soil types vary you may need 15% more than minumum recomened hp. Talk to dealer on this. Good luck!